Job title: Account Lead
Company: Mott MacDonald
Job description: Candidate Specification
Required for the position of Account Leader;
- Experience in the UK Environment & Water sector with a focus on Water and Wastewater Companies (or other closely related sector).
- Experience in Project, Programme, and Commercial Management (PPCM) or related Advisory Services and ideally working Client Side on Projects.
- Experience leading a consultancy offering ideally in the UK Water & Environment sector
- Experience in leading a team and managing people.
- Experience in maintaining and managing client relationships to win work. Ideally the candidate would have existing relationships within relevant clients
- Professionally qualified with a relevant body (or may be working towards this)
- Leads by example and lives the Mott MacDonald code.
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Closing date for this role is Thursday 12th January 2023 and interviews will commence Friday 20th January.
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
We are currently looking for an Account Lead in the South- East, to join the highly successful and growing Environment and Water Portfolio in our Advisory and Programme Delivery Unit. The Account Leader will be a key member of the management team, reporting into the Principal Account Leader, and will work closely with other account leaders across the portfolio and wider Mott MacDonald across sectors and practices. This role is critical for building and maintaining Mott MacDonald’s relationships with our clients, planning the accounts, and building a client centric experience.
You will be responsible for;
- Working alongside Key Account Leads (Group) where appropriate; developing the Account Client Engagement Plans in line with the Portfolio and Unit Business plan and Sector Strategy.
- Enhancing and developing strong and robust relationships with both existing and new clients.
- Maximising the opportunities on our existing Client Frameworks.
- Identifying new opportunities, converting them into firm prospects. (Tracked and managed).
- Driving the bidding process, converting prospects into projects ensuring bids are technically and commercially sound
- Supporting staff recruitment to grow the team.
- Promoting account leadership across the wider business
- The Account Lead will manage a multi-discipline PPCM and Advisory team in a largely seconded environment.
- They will have a number of line managers reporting to them but maintains responsibility for the development, wellbeing and utilisation of staff working in the account.
- They manage portfolio resources and attend E&W resource meeting to ensure optimal resource levels are maintained.
- They will foster a team dynamic within the account to ensure all seconded staff are fully engaged and feel part of Mott MacDonald.
- They will establish a team structure with clear responsibilities, delegations, and succession to ensure long term success and the account.
- They will work effectively with Technical Principals, and Sector/Practice Leaders to bring the right resources to deliver the project to client’s satisfaction while meeting additional Mott MacDonald project targets.
- They will ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information from Unit and ENW Portfolio leadership and the wider team members.
- The Account lead will support project delivery, engaging expertise where required from across the Unit and wider Mott MacDonald
- They will manage risk and commercial performance on projects for their Accounts: An Account Leader may have a number of Bid and Project Principals reporting to them.
- They will ensure compliance with Mott MacDonald business management and quality assurance processes.
- They will run appropriate team meetings with staff, clients, and senior level management.
- They will report management information into monthly senior leadership meetings
- Monitoring of finances and utilisation on projects against budgets
Inputs and Location
- The Account will consist of one of more Water Company Clients to be determined based on the applicants experience, relationship and geographic location.
- Inputs will normally be divided between Client and Mott Macdonald Offices (agile working to be agreed with Line Manager)
- Full time and Part time candidates would both be equally considered.
In addition to the Account Leader role the applicant will undertake fee earning input on projects or in seconded client roles. The split between activities will depend on the size, number and complexity of the clients which are allocated to the account
Closing date for this role is Thursday 12th January 2023 and interviews will commence Friday 20th January
Other, Project programme and commercial management, Water
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management. Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency. Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance. For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion. Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation. We currently work with around half of the UK’s regulated water and wastewater companies.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Did you know that Mott MacDonald is one of the world’s largest employee-owned businesses? This means that we are not accountable to external stakeholders and are in control of our own future. This creates a unique culture where decisions are made for the benefit of the staff/company over the long term.
We are proud to be a one of Glassdoor’s top 25 employers to work for in the UK in 2023, as well as being recognised by the and market and consumer data company Statista as one of the UK’s leading and highly recommended management consultants in: Construction & Infrastructure, Energy, Utilities & Environment, Public & Social Sector, Sustainability, and Travel, Transport & Logistics.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including ability to buy/sell annual leave entitlement, cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- Wellbeing support including access to an independent Employer Assistance Scheme, wellbeing champions and access to learning and support resources
- Access to our Advanced Employee Networks which support our LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disability and parents/carers communities
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our
Europe and Central Asia
Project management, Water and wastewater
Job details page image
Full time, Part time
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.
Location: London – Croydon, Greater London
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 23:21:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!