Job title: Account Manager – Global Public Affairs
Company: Hill+Knowlton Strategies
Job description: About Hill & Knowlton
Hill & Knowlton is the global strategic communications leader for transformation. We help brands, businesses and leaders build reputation, manage risk, and create breakthrough opportunities for growth. Founded in 1927, today’s Hill & Knowlton operates 70 offices in over 30 countries, providing advisory, public relations and creative solutions to local and global clients. Our global team offers integrated strategic services, grounded in deep sector expertise, and enabled by creativity and intelligence. Headquartered in New York, Hill & Knowlton is part of WPP, one of the world’s largest communications services groups.
We are now looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated individual to play an active role our existing public affairs mandates and to help support the development of our public affairs offer.
There is an opportunity to play a central role in supporting both our public affairs and corporate comms accounts by working with our senior public affairs leads and plugging in to wider agency opportunities. This position will also work with Better Impact, our sustainability and social impact team, to assist clients achieve their climate goals.
The successful candidate will have a public affairs or policy background and will have an interest in sustainability policy. Agency experience is preferred but not mandatory and we are interested in hearing from a wide range of individuals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious public affairs practitioner to help build a specialist public affair offering in one of the industry’s top consultancies.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with senior colleagues to deliver excellent service for our public affairs clients
- Providing policy monitoring as well as analysis and political insight
- Day-to-day management of public affairs workstreams as part of integrated communications mandates
- Helping to grow our public affairs work by proactively developing new and creative ideas for our clients
- Supporting global engagement programmes.
- Project management including managing coordination with teams from all over the world
- Managing and developing the skill set of junior team members with an interest in public affairs
- Experience working in public affairs, policy or campaigning
- Knowledge of the global and political trends
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines
- Strong writing and editing ability
- Ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and to work collaboratively
- Strong day to day client handling skills
KEY H&K BENEFITS
- 25 days & (3 days at Christmas) annual leave
- Comprehensive health insurance (Bupa)
- SMART pension scheme
- WPP employee discount scheme
- Group life assurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity scheme
- Vouchers & extra day’s holiday for key milestone anniversaries
- Our dedicated interactive training academy – ‘The Hub’
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellness programmes
- Weekly social events
- 2 x volunteer days per year
- Additional wellness days off for active commuting
OUR LONDON OFFICE
H&K employs over 300 people in the UK, and our stunning Southwark offices run over two floors as part of the larger WPP Campus, Rose Court. We have access to a beautiful roof terrace with panoramic views across London and a bar/restaurant area, which is a great spot for client meetings and socialising with the wider agency and other WPP OpCo’s.
We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
We believe diversity is strength. Our Commitment at Hill & Knowlton is to combine our employees unique backgrounds, perspective, and experiences to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation that represents all of us and the businesses we work with. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and will consider all applicants regardless of age, gender identity ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, neurodiversity, and disability status. We are also happy to provide reasonable adjustments during the application and interview process. Please refer to our to understand more about H&K’s commitments here.
H&K is and a organisation. If you require any adjustments to the application or interview process with us, please don’t hesitate to email
For more information on H&K: https://hillandknowlton.com/
Job date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 07:29:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!