Job title: Accountant – Expenses
Company: CNA Hardy
Job description: Function / Area: Financial Planning and Analysis
Reporting to: Expense Manager
This role provides an opportunity to be an integral member of the finance department within the Financial, Planning and Analysis team. The focus of the role is expense management, ensuring costs are coded in appropriate cost centres, and act as the main point of contact for business related expense queries.
- Works with the Expense Manager in analysing expenses and identifying cost saving opportunities, and ways to generate greater value for the business.
- Manages the allocation of expenses to the various business units in conjunction with the Financial Planning & Analysis team and cost centre owners.
- Reviews expenses and collaborates with the Accounts Payable (AP) team to ensure invoices are coded to appropriate costs centres.
- Acts as the point person for queries regarding the submission of expenses (predominantly travel & entertainment).
- Produces and processes payroll journals through interaction with both internal stakeholders and external providers.
- Assists with the development of key metrics to support organisational expense management and decision making.
- Partners with local Treasury team and Head Office & AP team to resolve any AP cash anomalies.
- Partners with Tax functions to identify and implement efficiencies and ensure consistent coding in line with expectations.
- Responsibilities for various accounting, reconciliation, control and analysis tasks related to the monthly, quarterly and annual technical financial close process.
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of the close process in accordance with the group close timetable.
- Produces various accounting and reporting schedules related to the financial close process.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A confident and high performing individual with an ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Possesses the aspiration and drive to develop into a Management Accountant (may already be studying for a professional finance qualification).
- An aptitude for Excel and an ability to manage large quantities of data with a desire to learn and improve.
- Strong analytical, organisation, and time management skills.
- An ability to communicate effectively, build relationships and manage senior stakeholders.
CNA Hardy is an equal opportunity employer.
CNA Hardy is a leading specialist commercial insurance provider for clients within the Lloyd’s and company markets. We offer a highly specialised and comprehensive portfolio of innovative and market leading products. Coverage is available to businesses of all sizes for domestic, international and global exposures.
Job date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 06:31:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!