Job title: Accounts Assistant
Job description: Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Bolton Head Office
Are you an Accounts Assistant looking for a new challenge within an exciting new role?
You’ll provide effective and efficient support to the Finance and Admin Manager and ensure financial information is processed on a timely basis. This role is for somebody with strong Purchase Ledger experience and have dealt with a high volume of purchase orders both internally and with external suppliers. You’ll be speaking to stakeholders of different levels so strong communication and organisational skills are essential.
- Prepare the weekly profit statement in a timely manner to provide the bakery with up to date financial information.
- Match and clear outstanding items on the GRIR (Goods Receipted Invoice Received) account in a timely manner investigating and resolving old items to help ensure the period accounts are accurate
- Perform allocated balance sheets reconciliation ensuring reconciling items are followed up properly and to assist the Finance Manager to produce timely an accurate period end reporting for the bakery
- Prepare information for the KPI report and the climate change levy to ensure that the reporting deadlines are met and key info is prepared for managers in a timely manner
- Assist with the period end management account journals and other finance related tasks to ensure the timely production of financial information for the bakery
- Ensure self and team conform to health and safety legislation policies and standards, initiating any required action so that the site is healthy and safe and free from accidents.
- Recruit, motivate and develop the finance and admin team to ensure they achieve the production KPI’s, personal targets agreed in their role profiles and performance review meetings.
- Understands own responsibilities to work safely.
- Identifies health and safety risks and reports them appropriately.
- Adheres to quality standards as they relate to own role.
- Knowledge of systems used in own area and can use a range of functions.
- Ability to manage own responsibilities to treat other fairly and equally.
You will want to know what your bread is worth:
- Competitive Salary
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us, and we know it will be to you, so you’ll have 5 weeks holiday and bank holidays with the opportunity to buy an additional 5 days each year
- Award winning pension scheme
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Support for your health and wellbeing, access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 23:56:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!