Job title: Accounts Assistant
Job description: Cambridge CB23, UK
£25K per annum, pro rata for PT hours
Accountancy, Accountancy (Qualified), Admin
Abbexa Ltd are now recruiting for an Accounts Assistant!
Location: 20A Cambridge Science Hub, Bar Hill, CB23 8SQ
Salary: £25K per annum, pro rata for PT hours
Contract: Full-time or part-time, Permanent, Monday-Friday (8am-5pm)
Benefits: 28 days holiday per annum, comprehensive pension scheme, and healthcare benefits.
We are Abbexa, we are recruiting and we want you!
We believe in empowering individuals from an early stage and we will seek to support you to draw your own personal career map in line with your ambitions and aspirations.
Our informal and friendly culture is an ideal working environment to cultivate excellent professional development opportunities.
The site offers excellent access to a large supermarket as well as a nearby café, park, and chip shop. The package will include 28 days holiday per annum, access to a comprehensive pension scheme, and healthcare benefits.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading biotech company with branches in Cambridge (UK), Houston (US), Leiden (NL) and we provide products and services globally.
We are now recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our team in Bar Hill.
You will be responsible for working independently, being meticulous and organized about bookkeeping and account reconciliation.
In addition to this as our Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Bookkeeping and reconciliation of company accounts, including international accounts
- Dealing with transactions in multiple currencies
- Credit controlling and debt chasing open overdue invoices
- Maintaining the general filing system and file all received correspondence, invoices and receipts
- Placing, receiving and relaying telephone messages with a pleasant telephone manner as required
- Drafting emails to assist with workload as necessary
- Performing other related duties as required
- Identifying and utilising advantageous exchange rates
Desired Skills and Experience:
- AAT qualification or equivalent
- Experience working in accounting or finance position
- Excellent communication, spelling and numeracy skills
- Discreet, with a “can do” attitude
- Keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of Xero (preferred) or other accounting software
- Knowledge of MS office suite
Full training will be provided. You will be organized, decisive, efficient and practical. You will have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
Expected salary: £25000 per year
Location: Cambridge – Bar Hill, Cambridgeshire
Job date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:15:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!