Job title: Application Engineer – SITECH
Job description: Company:
Number of Openings: 0
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: We have an opportunities for Applications Engineers to provide technical support to customers on operational, maintenance and service aspects of Trimble products within the Heavy Civil Engineering and Construction Industry to ensure customer satisfaction and ultimately ensure revenue through repeat customer purchases or positive referrals to other customers. This is primarily a Field based role. The Technical Support and Application Engineer diagnoses potential hardware, software and systems issues using established procedures, together with Land Survey and Site Engineering queries to determine the most effective solution.
The role will also include checking the operational accuracy of the 3D design model as part of the measure and calibration process as well as Base station site set up and site calibration.
The role is responsible for the calibration of On-Machines control equipment for SITECH / Trimble and support of Professional Services within a growing team of dedicated specialists familiar with the digitisation of machines control technology and SPS equipment and practices bringing the benefits of efficiency, cost reduction, performance and finish to the Heavy Construction and Civils market.
The Calibration & Professional Service Engineers daily tasks would include a diverse mix of activity and includes, Site Setups, Data Processing, professional consultations, drone services, training as just some examples.
Familiarity with Surveying best practices, equipment and services to enable a diverse mix of responsibilities. The role requires close collaboration with the Product Management and Marketing team, close relationships with the Service and Operations team, with the ability to support the Sales Organisations of SITECH and other OEM Dealer Partners.
SITECH is a distribution network for the most reliable and rugged construction technology systems available to the heavy and highway contractor today. Our construction management professionals organize, lead and manage the people, materials and processes of utilizing Trimble construction technology. Our employees are rewarded with an attractive all-round benefits package including 25 days holiday, company pension scheme, healthcare, other flexible benefits.
Skill, Education & Experience
- Qualifications in surveying would be preferred.
- Experience in working as a field engineer
- Experience as a site surveyor
- Experience in working within a field technology role
- Champions Safety through all customer and operations activity
- College or vocational qualification in Mechanical, Hydraulics or Electronic or similar engineering
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical issues on heavy equipment machines
- Familiarity with construction site operations using heavy equipment machine control systems is desired
- Experience in Arc welding (useful but not essential) • Operation of heavy construction equipment an advantage
- A strong level of IT literacy and Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to research new and existing technical information through the Trimble portfolio.
- Whilst not essential experience of construction equipment would be preferred.
- Experience of construction equipment technology would be preferred.
- Experience of the ground survey / digital field equipment would be preferred.
- Knowledge of customer satisfaction, metrics and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and electrical issues on heavy equipment
- Experience of product and customer training preferred.
- Experience of consultative sale would be preferred.
- Familiar with construction site operations using machine control systems is desired
- Operation of heavy construction equipment an advantage
- Understanding of field installation, calibration and service support processes and documentation
- Working in a Technology based environment, hands-on learning often forms a vital part in the early stages of your initial training until familiarization with the staple product range
- Further and Advanced product training will then be provided when necessary
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at SITECH, to build and sustain a diverse and talented workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If this position is of interest to you and you hold the relevant qualifications, then apply today!
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.
Job date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 00:40:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!