Job title: Assistant Accountant (Fixed Term Contract)
Job description: Location : Volkswagen Divison Accounting Centre, UK Job Advert
As an Assistant Accountant working within our Volkswagen Division Accounting Centre, you will ensure the accurate processing, recording and completion of all accounts information as required by the Accountants, guaranteeing that all accounting and clerical tasks to be completed are done so in line with all required JCT600 and Brand procedures.
It is our ambition to make JCT600 the best place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step of your career with a business that is focussed on you and your training and development, whilst offering you a flexible, supportive, and fun working environment in which you can thrive!
We offer a range of flexible working options, committed to building an inclusive culture whilst supporting you in finding a healthy work-life balance, which we are open to discussing during the interview process.
This is a Fixed Term contract for 12 Months.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all accounting and administrative tasks within area of responsibility are carried out in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring accurate and complete processing in all accounts matters, with 100% complete and accurate data collection.
- Achieving all of the budgeted financial and operational objectives from JCT600 and the Brand whilst efficiently managing expenses.
- Ensuring that all monies received and payments made are properly controlled, accounted for and allocated to the correct customer or supplier accounts.
- Complete on a timely basis the manufacturer’s monthly composite and to assist in the submission of other relevant information to the manufacturer.
- Ensure accurate and complete processing and recording in all account and administrative matters.
- Complete the monthly submission of the dealership payroll.
- Account for and properly analyse all cash receipts and payments.
- Support and develop other accounts staff in the completion of their duties.
- Calculate and process month end journals.
- Reconcile the manufacturer supplier statements to our ledgers.
- Reconcile manufacturer bonus debts whilst ensuring the validity of our claim.
- Ensure that all paperwork and documentation is processed speedily, efficiently and accurately.
- Answering all queries in relation to customer receipts are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Ensuring that incoming customer accounts queries and disputes are dealt with expeditiously.
- Maintaining appropriate payment procedures operated within agreed timescales.
- High levels of numeracy and literacy at a clerical level is essential.
- An accountancy qualification or be working towards one.
- A customer centric approach, always striving to deliver service above customer expectations.
- An detailed understanding of accounting information such as invoices, credit notes, payment methods, receipts and payment advice notes is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of VAT as associated documentation is desirable.
- Knowledge of any relevant financial legislation such as money laundering etc. would be desirable.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships.
- Motivated by working to targets and under pressure.
- A tenacious approach with the ability to recognise and act upon opportunities when they arise.
- Ability to provide a professional and courteous service to suppliers and customers, building strong relationships.
- Strong organisational skills.
Why join JCT600 and what is in it for you?
As part of our ambition to be best place to work, we offer:
- Highly competitive salary dependent upon experience.
- A life assurance plan and a company pension subject to T&C’s.
- 26 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days at 5 years’ service and 30 days at 10 years’ service (from 1st July 2022) plus bank holidays.
- Flexible and hybrid working policies.
- 26 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- A range of training and leadership development programmes.
- Colleague referral scheme worth up to £1000 per referral.
- Preferential Service Rates (This includes family and friends)
- Long service reward and Loyalty incentives.
Read more about our
It is our ambition to make JCT600 the best place to work. We aim to treat our colleagues with respect and support their development. Everyone connected with JCT600 contributes to our success, cares about performance and strives to be the best they can be. This creates a sense of fun, caring and teamship which is unrivalled in its industry. Our ambition is also to make JCT600 the best place shop. It feels different. Our people care about customers and show genuine interest in them as individuals. We don’t want them to feel processed. Because our teams are great and customers are delighted it follows that JCT600 will become the best dealer partner a Brand could hope for. We can invest, we perform well and our people are a pleasure to deal with. JCT600 simply want to be the best people to do business with.
JCT600 provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. Integral to our values is our commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion for each and every colleague and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to gender, ethnicity, pregnancy, religion, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Fixed Term Contract
Salary Competitive Salary
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 05:30:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!