Job title: Associate Architect – Buildings and Cities
Company: Mott MacDonald
Job description: Candidate Specification
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified or equivalent in architecture with work experience within an Architectural Practice or similar environment in the UK. We would expect the candidate to have suitable experience of running projects in the UK.
- Part 3 Qualified with ARB registration
- Post part 3 experience
- Able to deliver projects from a design and technical background
- Delivery of projects in UK
- Having a portfolio with a number of heritage projects would be beneficial
- Accreditation in Building Conservation or a Conservation Architect would be beneficial
- Experience in Aviation, Defence Transportation and Justice & Correctional projects would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience of working with Revit
- Should have a genuine interest in Architecture and the Built Environment and be aware of relevant current technical building legislation and guidance such as Building Regulations and British Standards
- Should be prepared to work on multiple projects (and these will vary and will not always include conservation projects)
- Will work as a member of a team and be expected to contribute to team performance and demonstrate use of initiative
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
We are looking for an architect to join our growing architecture team. This team is part of the buildings and cities unit within Mott MacDonald, and provides services at all RIBA stages on a wide variety of projects.
Our main subsectors are Aviation, Defence and Transportation but we also deliver in most building typologies in the UK and Globally. We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Architect to join our team in Bristol or Birmingham to help us grow whilst developing your own career.
We work for a number of clients within the UK and elsewhere and cover all aspects of the project life-cycle.
You’ll be a part of a growing architectural team, coordinating proactively with other engineering disciplines as well as running projects autonomously.
Our architecture team have a wide variety of projects that we are working on, including Aviation, Defence, Transportation, Justice and Correctional projects and you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills in design, project running, technical detailing & BIM. #LI-AA1
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald’s regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our
Europe and Central Asia
Job details page image
Full time, Part time, Variable hours
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Location: Birmingham – Bristol Area
Job date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 07:58:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!