Job title: Audit Manager
Company: Tate Recruitment
Job description: Audit Manager
Salary up to £60k DOE plus excellent benefits
Location Kent, either Canterbury or Chatham
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Are you an experienced Audit professional who enjoys helping others grow and develop and builds lasting relationships with your portfolio of clients? We may have an opportunity just for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic auditor who seeks regular client contact, whose aim is to further their career while contributing to the provision of excellent service to a diverse range of clients. As an Audit Manager in Kent, your office base can be either Canterbury or Chatham – plus we offer hybrid working which involves working 3 days in the office, and 2 from home.
Our clients’ clients are based all over Sussex, Kent and London and you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of clients, of differing sizes and in a range of different industries including not for profit, ensuring that a top-quality service is provided in our ever-expanding Audit and Corporate team.
About the role
As the Audit Manager, you will manage specific Audit clients and workflow via own team, providing high quality client service experience whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery.
- Managing and ensuring the smooth running of the audit team
- Attending/leading planning and wrap up meetings.
- Reviewing audit files of every complexity
- Communicating audit issues to the client and audit partner as identified
- Dealing with technical enquiries from clients and other firm members
- Assisting clients with one-off assignments
- Demonstrating initiative and judgement and identifying cross selling opportunities
- Gaining new work from existing and new clients where possible
- Attending networking events to represent the firm.
- Travelling to and from clients’ premises and our other offices from time to time.
- Staff training and management
- Managing and developing audit staff
- Contributing to the general management of the team, office and (where appropriate) firm as a whole
- Being involved in the strategic plans affecting the team, office and service line
- Managing the availability of staff within the team
- Providing on the job training for staff where possible and monitoring the performance of staff
- Assisting partners with technical research and technical writing for client and marketing purposes
You must have: –
- Previous experience as Audit Manager
- ACCA or ACA Qualified (significant PQE) or qualified by experience.
- A strong and dynamic team player
- A driven, self-starter
- A good communication
- Commercially aware
- Skilled at technical research and writing skills.
- A working knowledge of CaseWare would be beneficial.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in accounting software
- Excellent client facing skills.
This role requires frequent travel to client offices so candidates must be willing to travel to other offices.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.
Expected salary: £55000 – 60000 per year
Job date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 02:57:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!