Job title: Building Control Plan Checker
Company: MCG Construction
Job description: MCG Construction Recruitment has an excellent opportunity available for a fully remote Building Control Plan Checker to work, on a permanent basis, delivering building control functions to core and external growth services on a range of commercial and domestic projects for a variety of Local Authorities.
You will be involved at stages of the construction process and will create the standards that ensure projects are safe, compliant, and sustainable, assist in making provisions to meet the challenging requirements of the new Building Safety Regime, and interface with various stakeholders and organisations.
For 15+ years, the company has been involved in how local government authorities and councils serve the public, using technology, innovation, and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver client savings. Answering thousands of services calls every day, their teams are making a significant difference to communities and areas, and in the process, making them safer and improving amenity.
The role offers a competitive salary, full WFH / Remote expectation, flexible working arrangements if required, 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave, opportunity to take paid days out volunteering for charity partners or a cause of your choice, company matched pension, life assurance, and provided support to learn new skills and develop your career, including individual training plans and accelerated schemes that foster an environment of continual personal development, and support to becoming chartered, plus the offer to cover the ongoing cost of your new professional membership, or coverage of your prior professional membership cost relevant to the post.
- Be involved in external contract, growth, and resilience work.
- Deliver remote building control functions and services, including pre-application and plan checking, and provide guidance and advice.
- Making decisions on works, applications, notices, and other matters, controlled under the Building Act 1984, Building Regulations 2010, and the new Building Safety Regime.
- Consulting with other surveyors, partner agencies, and authorities, as required, in the process of performing your duties and responsibilities.
- Upselling building control services and specialist services, including other associated provisions.
- A degree, HNC, or HND in Building Surveying or equivalent qualification, and ideally chartership or membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Comprehensive experience in a building control department of a local authority or similar building control body, and demonstrable plan checking skills.
- Good knowledge of current building control legislation, associated guidance, and issues relevant to the post and an incisive, practical mindset.
- Full experience administering a range of building regulation applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating building control software systems.
- Strong ability to undertake all duties in accordance with the building control quality management system and building control performance standards policy adopted.
- Excellent customer care skills and the ability to build good client relationships.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Suite.
If you are looking for your next exciting role, and this description fits you, apply now before this opportunity passes by!
Salary shown is conditional on the applicant’s relevant experience. Further details will be discussed during the application process. Please call Olivia on 07494498414 if interested.
Expected salary: £40000 – 45000 per year
Location: Bolton, Greater Manchester
Job date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 07:29:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!