Job title: Business Digital Architect
Job description: Role purpose:
Inspired by the core of our company strategy, to become a leading Technology Communications business, we are embarking on a new journey to create IT as a Platform; a best-in-class cloud native, secure by design, always on platform to expose IT, Global and Regional product platforms capabilities through valuable APIs that sit at the heart of successful ventures to come.
What you will be doing?
We are looking for an Digital and DevOps Architect with strong digital and DevOps experience to drive the definition and execution of the Vodafone strategic Tech 2025 Digital and DevOps architecture as part of our broader Vodafone Open Digital Architecture and IT4IT frameworks- working closely on elaboration of the architecture with an agile approach – using multiple pathways including Architecture Blueprints as well as practical innovation prototypes, proof of concepts and supporting minimal viable product developments.
You will participate in the ongoing evolution of our Software Engineering strategy and associated DevOps Reference Architecture through your participation and influence at pan-Vodafone organisations such as the Software Engineering guild and through practical participation in Vodafone technology DevOps initiatives such as IT as a Platform across Local Markets and Global/Regional Platform teams. You will promote the benefits of DevOps by identifying and quantifying the business benefits accrued from sound DevOps practices, methodologies and tooling considering the overall operating model. As visionary and evangelist you lead and are focused on evolving the technology and processes for our architecture and engineering organisations, including automation, automated testing, infrastructure as code, measuring development performance, tools and culture.
You will participate in the broader elaboration of IT4IT, Enabling automation from design, build and test and continuous release and deployment into our strategic multi-Cloud platforms (TaaS)- you will work closely both with our commercial and business strategy teams and our technology teams across architecture, engineering and cybersecurity in our Global, Regional IT Functions & Platform teams and Local Market Digital/IT Teams to enable the achievement of the architecture vision through pragmatic architecture and engineering approaches, working on collaborative prototypes, proof of concepts and minimal viable products.
This position is a key member of the Global Architecture team: you know that for Digital IT and Software Engineering Transformation to be successful in an organization, you need buy-in from different teams – business and technology executives, architecture, development and operations and you will need to apply your outstanding stakeholder management in order to influence at all levels of the organisation.
What you’ll do
- Drive the collaborative and iterative definition of the Strategic DevOps reference architecture (capabilities, tool chain, processes, best practices, methodology, automation, operating model) and drive adoption with architecture and engineering teams – through identifying business opportunities such as pragmatic use cases, facilitating collaboration at the Software Engineering Guild – being an evangelist for the benefits of adoption of best practice as part of the strategic Vodafone Open Digital Architecture (e.g. IT as a Platform)
- Participate in the broader definition and pragmatic delivery of IT4IT and Vodafone Open Digital Architecture as part of Tech2025 Strategy working with Commercial and Technology colleagues from Local markets and group functions to define both architecture blueprints and drive prototypes, proof of concepts, and minimal viable products on behalf of the team.
- Participate in the design and execution of Vodafone Open Digital Architecture Governance (inc. Digital, DevOps, IT capabilities) across local markets and global platforms including automation of architecture governance and testing (e.g. API Compliance Test Engine)
- Participate in the broader definition and driving the adoption of digital collaboration tools working alongside colleagues in Group Technology IT architecture teams and engineering teams (e.g. Office IT, Global IT Services)
Who you are
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken). Able to influence at all levels across Vodafone Global Platforms, Local Markets and Suppliers through effective communication of DevOps architecture concepts and deliverables to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Significant experience of defining pragmatic, executable architecture in an agile and DevOps environment with experience of continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery and expertise in automating the Software configuration, build, deployment and release management processes taking cybersecurity into account
- Passionate about Software Engineering and DevOps with demonstrable track record of delivering architecture deliverables in agile environments experience of working with Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) – additional training will be given
- Experience of working in a global multinational/geographically distributed
- Creativity in problem solving, experimental ‘hands on’ approach with a positive and can-do attitude; highest levels of self-motivation and drive
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
What’s in it for you
- Discretionary yearly bonus: 10%
- Annual leave: 28 days + bank holidays + the opportunity to buy/sell/carry over 5 days/year
- Enjoy working up to 20 days a year from abroad
- Charity days: 5 days/year
- Wellbeing: Quarterly Spirit Days to focus on wellbeing and personal development
- Maternity leave: 52 weeks out of which the first 13 weeks are fully paid followed by 26 weeks of half pay and 6 months – working 4 days, getting paid 5
- Paternity leave: 16 weeks fully paid
- Private pension: You can contribute up to 5% of your basic pay with 2:1 matching from Vodafone up to 10%.
- Access to: private medical, private dental, free health assessments, share save scheme
- Additional discounts: Vodafone retail, gym, cinema, cycle to work, season ticket loan
Together we can
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 02:44:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!