Job title: Central Support Finance Analyst
Company: Mitchells & Butlers
Job description: We have an exciting opportunity for a Central Support Finance Analyst to join our Finance Central Support team, on a 12-month fixed term basis.
Working from our Birmingham City Centre office in an office flexible role as Central & Support Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate periodic reporting of central costs, plus other areas of central corporate activity. Alongside providing full financial and accounting support to functional leads and members of the Executive Committee to ensure they manage costs efficiently and effectively, you will also deliver robust budgets and forecasts. In this challenging and diverse role, you will also develop reporting and perform ad-hoc analysis and modelling exercises to provide insight to senior management into how and where business performance may be enhanced.
The Opportunity – Central Support Finance Analys
- To provide full financial support to the Corporate HR, Company Secretary and Property functions, plus other areas of corporate support as required.
- Business Partnering and maintaining strong links with these functions including relationships with Exec members and senior management teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate balance sheet control and periodic reporting including timely assessment and processing of period end journals.
- Liaise with third party suppliers to ensure appropriate, accurate and timely information is received, particularly across outsourced Estates activity.
- Review, analyse and report performance variances to cost centre owners, supporting them in delivering costs to agreed budgets / forecasts.
- Responsible for updating budgets/projections and ensuring they reflect business critical factors as agreed with functional heads.
- Responsible for leading and delivering the budget cycle within areas of responsibility ensuring clear communication of requirements and timelines to functional heads.
- To provide robust analytical assessment of overhead and centrally controlled spend that supports management in realising cost efficiencies and / or business improvement.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects, providing financial support, analysis, and evaluation of projects, recommending ways in which performance can be improved.
- Liaise and respond to Auditor queries as required.
You’ll be well rewarded….
- Love eating out? You’ll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands, so whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery we’ve got you covered. What’s more, you can also choose FIVE of your nearest and dearest and sign them up to 20% family and friend’s discount.
- Private Medical Scheme
- Never a dull moment – fun, laughs and lifelong friends!
On top of all this, we offer; a pension, 26 days paid holiday, high-street shopping discounts, an online wellbeing hub; and much more!
What you’ll need to bring to the Central & Support Finance Analyst role…
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is highly desirable but not essential, Part Qualified or QBE candidates will be considered
- Sound commercial judgement with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate complex financial information to non-financial colleagues in a clear and concise manner
- An efficient self-starter who takes full ownership of responsibilities, and looks to make a difference
- Experience of financial processes including period end reporting would be beneficial
About Company: A strong Finance department is key to any successful company and integral to the operation of a plc business. But in the fast paced retail hospitality sector we need our finance team to be more dynamic, fast-thinking and innovative than most to help us meet our financial targets whilst responding to consumer spending habits which put pressure on operators within the hospitality sector. Our finance team get the best of both worlds, using their professional skills to oversee business budgets, corporate reporting, treasury, taxation, risk and investment programmes. You’ll be based in our Birmingham Head or London office, but we’ll make sure you spend time out in trade so you have a great understanding of what makes our people and businesses rock around the clock.
Job date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 06:14:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!