Job title: Claims Adjuster – Cyber
Job description: The Role
Canopius is a market leading Cyber Insurer. We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with a legal background to join our cyber claims team. We are looking to recruit a motivated and skilled individual who is passionate about Cyber as a class of business. This is rare opportunity to JOIN our cyber team at a top 5 Lloyd’s of London syndicate with global operations which is brought about due to significant growth in our business.
Cyber insurance claims are currently hot topics in the news with high profile ransomware attacks, cyber extortion, and social engineering frauds all making news headlines. The Claims Adjuster will handle and adjust Cyber insurance claims from first notification to final resolution working within the London based Canopius Cyber Claims team. Ideally, we are looking for someone with some legal expertise in order to compliment the existing skills within the team; the team already are proficient in drafting primary coverage positions.
As of March 2023, Canopius has in-sourced our Cyber Incident Management function; the initial triage of cyber incidents, arranging of assistance from our panel, and project managing the incident response process. This puts Canopius within a small number of global insurers to have taken this step and provides a joined up claims service with the incident response and claims adjusting can work without artificial barriers.
Through all these activities, the Claims Adjuster will embrace the aims set out in the claims vision: “to continually push the boundaries of customer excellence through an empowered, collaborative and innovative approach to claims; to be the envy of the market”, whilst always demonstrating and upholding the Canopius claims values. The Claims Adjuster will be expected to support the Claims Manager in the implementation of the claims strategy and to work collaboratively with other members of the global claims team.
Responsibilities will include:
You will be given mentorship and training within the existing Claims team and via external sources to support you to become a professional claims adjuster and meeting the following responsibilities over time. From day one, you will be involved in various aspects of these responsibilities:
- To proactively adjust claims within your authority level and in accordance with the Canopius claims vision and obligations; ensuring and delivering excellent service to all our customers;
- To develop a thorough understanding of the underwriting and claims within the cyber portfolio including typical policy language and coverage issues.;
- To develop and maintain close and collaborative working relationships with the claims team, underwriters, cyber incident management team, and other internal stakeholders;
- To maintain clear and comprehensive claims files on the Canopius claims management system;
- To ensure that sufficient financial provisions, in accordance with the Canopius reserving philosophy, are held for all claims under your handling;
- To provide administrative support to the cyber claims manager and wider team; and,
- To instruct and proactively oversee lawyers, adjusters and experts from the Canopius panel.
Skills and experience:
Whilst no previous experience in cyber insurance coverage is necessary, we are looking for applicants with insurance coverage expertise and a legal background. The role is well suited for a junior solicitor with some experience of advising on coverage under cyber, professional indemnity, or similar insurance policies.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they also have key skills in:
- Ability to prioritise and proactively meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken, including the ability to represent Canopius in a professional manner.
- Computer literacy in standard business software including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
We will also look for candidates exhibit our expected personality traits:
- A positive, enthusiastic and confident disposition.
- An eagerness to learn and develop new skills in cyber insurance as part of their own professional development.
- A desire for excellence and high personal standards.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- Act with honesty, integrity and fairness at all times.
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Professional approach to interact appropriately with management.
- Customer focused and keen to provide the highest quality of service delivery.
We offer all employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on their whole wellbeing. This includes hybrid working, a competitive base salary, non-contributory pension, discretionary bonus, insurances including health (family) and dental cover, and many other benefits to enhance financial, physical, social and psychological health.
Canopius is a global specialty lines (re)insurer. We are one of the leading insurers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market with offices in the UK, US, Singapore, Australia and Bermuda.
At Canopius we foster a distinctive, positive culture which enables us to bring our whole selves to work to flourish as people, and build a business which delivers profitable, sustainable results.
Based in incredible new offices in the heart of the City of London, Canopius operates a flexible, hybrid working model and is committed to providing an environment that challenges employees to be their best and where everyone’s unique contributions are recognised, valued and respected.
We are fully committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are made regardless of age, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, religion or beliefs, marital or caring status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage and welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
We make reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process and during employment. Please let us know if you require any information in an alternate format or any other reasonable adjustments.
Job date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 03:01:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!