Job title: Competence Adviser
Company: Orion Group
Job description: Job description
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Competence Adviser, based in Aberdeen.
- Ensure that the competence strategy meets the needs of the business operationally and that it complies with industry regulations.
- Advise the organisation on competence strategies and provide solutions for areas that may represent a gap or area for improvement.
- Accountable for leading all competence-related activities and provide advice and guidance on activities (including external quality assurance and regulator inspections).
- Lead the scoping, development and implementation of new or existing competence assurance frameworks in collaboration with Technical Authorities (TA) and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Oversee the ongoing development and maintenance of the company’s Management System documentation to support the application of competence assurance strategies.
- SQA Head of Centre for awarding body accreditation in the delivery of hydrocarbon processing awards.
- Identify competence gaps and develop gap analysis plans and reporting, performing audit gap analysis where required.
- Act as an Assessor and Internal Verifier when required.
- Work with the Training & Competence Coordinators to ensure that competence-related reports and analytics are available and communicated effectively within the business.
- Ensure that an effective Competence Management System (CMS) is in place and supported with current, quality data by the Training and Competence Coordinator.
- Accountable for the selection and management of external providers related to competence assurance activities, including management of the CMS provider.
- Role model and lead internal assessment and verification practices.
- Work with the company’s Contract Holders to support them in the assurance of third-party competence.
- Competence focal point for Supply Chain Management processes including but not limited to ITT evaluations, contract management plan representative, quarterly performance review and assurance activities.
- Coach and mentor, the Training, Learning & Development Adviser and Training & Competence Coordinators to raise the level of competence understanding within the Learning & Development Team
- Actively share competence knowledge with the wider HR Team, ensuring increased awareness and understanding of competence across the team.
- Manage the schedule and priorities of external assessors, including monitoring their performance and progress.
- Coach internal and external Assessors to improve the quality of assessments and assessment practice.
- Manage and provide direction to site-based Assessors, monitoring performance and developing capabilities.
- Monitor associated budgets for the Operations field personnel.
- Participate in industry led competence initiatives in support of business activities.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience of leading oil & gas sector competence standards and requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of assessment principles and best practice.
- Experience and understanding of competence requirements in various sectors.
- High level knowledge of the UKCS regulatory and industry competence requirements
- Quality Assurance experience and understanding
- Experience of working in an offshore environment with a good understanding of UK offshore work practice and operations.
- Proven ability to develop highly effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to influence senior leaders in competence strategy and direction
- Strong IT literacy: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint and PowerBi to an intermediate-advanced level
- Coaching and mentoring skills, including the transfer of knowledge to team members
- L&D9Di, A1 or D32/33 Qualified.
- L&D11, V1 or D34 Qualified.
- Internal Auditor Qualified.
- Lead Auditor Qualified.
- Professional qualification e.g., CIPD Membership
- OEUK Medical
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069194.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 04:56:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!