Job title: Compliance Specialist (Immediate Opening) – YES Prep Northside Northside Secondary
Company: YES Prep Public Schools
Job description: Description
POSITION: Compliance Specialist
REPORTS TO: Mgr – Campus SPED or Principal, and Director of Special Education
POSITION TYPE: 10-month
START DATE: 22-23 School Year
COMPENSATION: $54,000 – $64,294
EVERY OPPORTUNITY STARTS WITH A YES
Great schools begin with great people who believe every day is an opportunity to make a difference. At YES Prep, you have an opportunity to join a family of diverse educators who are leveling the playing field by providing opportunities for a high-quality, college-forward curriculum while also ensuring our students feel supported through their academic journey and empowered to lead choice-filled lives. YES Prep is more than a family of public charter schools, it’s the future of public education-it’s an opportunity to say, “Yes, you can!
Our campuses are advancing educational equity. Some quick stats about us:
- 17,000 Students
- 1,800 Team Members
- 19 Secondary Campuses
- 6 Elementary Campuses
- 91% Students Who Qualify for Free/Reduced-Price Lunch
- 94% Hispanic & African-American Students
- 90% Students Who Are Accepted to a 4-Year University
- 88% First-Generation College Students
- Top 100 High Schools in the Nation, U.S. News & World Report
We serve the students of Houston, Texas, the 4th largest city across the United States. There are over 20 public-school districts and other great public charter school options, like KIPP Texas-Houston and IDEA Public Schools, within Houston’s city limits serving our increasing population. We are a rapidly growing organization, committed to creating life-changing opportunities for over 23,000 students by 2025.
When you join the YES Prep team, some of the exciting work and responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) meetings;
- Monitoring ARD paperwork completed by campus personnel;
- Ensuring that federal/state timelines are met with respect to functions of ARD Committee meetings;
- Completing lists, forms, reports, PEIMS forms, and data required by the Special Education
- Providing systematic communication among special and general education personnel
- Completing all applicable ARD paperwork;
- Following procedures for progress reporting, folder documentation, parent communication, etc.;
- Maintaining thorough documentation of concerns for special education students
- Attending relevant professional development;
- Collaborating with the Campus Testing Coordinator to schedule and ensure correct testing materials and accommodations are implemented;
- Performing duties assigned by the Manager of Campus SPED;
- Additional duties as assigned.
We seek staff with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas. Certain traits consistently shine through for our most successful employees: passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility. Other traits needed and desired for this role are:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Experience in using a data management system (i.e. Easy IEP)
- Experience in analyzing and collecting student data
- Basic understanding in Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding in Special Education Law
- Experience in chairing/facilitating and ARD meeting
- Previous experience in providing trainings to staff members
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback
Ability to maintain emotional control under stress * Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional
THE BONUS POINTS
- Master’s degree
- Special Education Certification
- Two years of relevant work experience in Special Education as a teacher, school-based leader or district leader
– This position is an exempt, salaried position; offers commensurate with experience.
- Health and Supplemental Insurance – A $10 monthly medical option that includes $600 towards a Health Savings Account, in addition to a variety of supplemental benefits including Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, etc. Employees must work 20+ hours a week to be eligible for a full spectrum of benefits, and 10 hours a week minimum for medical benefits.
- Retirement Plans – Participation in Teacher Retirement System of Texas and a 457 Retirement Plan.
- Paid Time Off – Employees working 20+ hours a week receive 10 days of Paid Time Off in addition to the system closures during the
Please note, part-time hourly employees (working fewer than 40 hours/week) do not receive pay during system closures. Additionally, 10- and 11-month hourly employees do not receive pay during the months in which they are not working.
- Paid Leave Programming – In the event you need to be out due to medical needs (including maternity and paternity leave), YES Prep offers paid leave, paid out at 100%, based on eligibility and tenure.
– YES Prep values longevity and performance over time. We invest in developing leaders through high-quality programs, effective coaching, and ongoing professional development.
– The strong cultures of our campuses and Home Office are just one of many reasons we were named in 2018 and 2019. We won the and were a 2016 finalist as well.
WE ARE DEEPLY COMMITTED TO EQUITY & DIVERSITY
YES Prep strives to recruit a diverse team of leaders. We believe there is a transformative academic and social benefit for students when their teachers and leaders reflect a diversity of backgrounds. Ninety-five percent (95%) of staff members agree that the organization provides a welcoming environment given their background and identity according to our latest system survey.
YES Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Expected salary: $54000 – 64294 per year
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 07:18:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!