Job title: Compulsory Purchase & Development Surveyor
Company: Kingsley Recruitment
Job description: Background
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Compulsory Purchase & Development Surveyor, to join the Development team of a market leading and highly reputable property consultancy in its’ Manchester office. The clients’ Development Team is one of the largest regional advisory teams, undertaking strategic development instructions, disposals and viability appraisals, across the whole of the UK.
Compulsory Purchase remains a key aspect of the development process and the team is looking to appoint an MRICS qualified Surveyor to assist in providing CPO and Development advice on many major schemes which includes but is not limited to ongoing HS2 cases, Victoria North and several major highway schemes.
- Provision of CPO advice to a range of clients from claimants and acquiring authorities as well as developers guiding them through the compulsory purchase process
- Preparing strategic advice for landowners including undertaking feasibility work
- Negotiation of land acquisition and disposal prior to a compulsory purchase
- Co-ordinate advice from other teams within the business as well as external consultants as part of the wider client team
- Preparation of Budget Cost Estimates
- Assessing and agreeing compensation claims on behalf of acquiring authorities and claimants
- Assisting with Upper Tribunal Lands Chamber references and Public Inquiry preparation and mediations as required
- Providing strategic development advice on both residential and commercial sites across the Northwest and beyond
- Negotiating a variety of development agreements including conditional contracts, access rights and easements
- Develop professional and commercial awareness and keep up with work related and industry updates.
Key Attributes & Qualifications
- RICS qualified – RICS Registered Valuer advantageous.
- Minimum 2 years PQE
- Adaptable, eager to learn.
- Contribute to the wider team but with the scope to take a degree of personal responsibility.
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong report writing & presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good organisational skills, management and prioritising caseload.
- Business Development and Networking
- Competitive salary (dependent upon experience) – circa £50,000 p.a.
- Car Allowance
- Company Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive Pension
- Healthcare Cover
- Life Insurance
- Excellent potential for career progression
To apply for this position, please contact Andrew Kingsley on 07879 413 765 or email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com quoting the position and reference for this role.
Expected salary: £50000 per year
Job date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 02:41:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!