Job title: Corporate Security Assurance Manager
Job description: Location: Newbury + *Hybrid
Salary: Excellent basic salary plus bonus and Vodafone benefits
Working Hours: Full time
At Vodafone UK we believe that through collaboration and connection we can achieve great things. Our hybrid working approach allows our people to work both in the office and at home, providing the flexibility and resources you need to succeed in your role. Our “Office in a Box” home working kit will provide you with everything you need, no matter where you are.
Who we are
We’re a global technology communications company that empowers people and businesses to stay connected and thrive in a digital world. With a focus on innovation, sustainability and earning customer loyalty, we leverage cutting-edge technology to offer products and services that enhance communication and improve lives.
At Vodafone UK, diversity isn’t just a buzzword, it is core to who we are as a company. We’re proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work and are committed to driving inclusion for all; creating a workplace that is fully representative of the communities and customers we serve.
Join us at the heart of Vodafone UK in Corporate, one of the central support functions that underpin our business and keep us moving forward. We provide centralised support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations, continuing to build on our success and trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth.
What you’ll do
The Corporate Security Assurance Manager will work collaboratively across the business to hold teams responsible for security controls to account, so safeguards satisfy regulatory & certification security compliance that protect Vodafone and our Customers from threats that could compromise the confidentiality, integrity or availability of our assets & services.
The role holder will work closely with internal & external stakeholders to maintain & enhance our security controls so that they are aligned to international security standards, meet our customer contract requirements, fulfil our regulatory obligations and support our business goals in ‘Customers’, ‘Growth’ & ‘Simplicity’. Key accountabilities include:
- Identifying deficiencies with security controls via tests, evaluations, assessments & audits.
- Risk-managing exceptions where security gaps/issues are not fully met to ensure risks are owned and decisions recorded.
- Ensuring accountable teams implement compensation controls to minimise impact where security compliance requirements cannot be fully met.
- Supporting any changes to Security frameworks, laws or standards.
- Provide practical recommendations on security controls where deemed appropriate to the business goals.
- Drive security maturity with improvements where investment or time/effort is proportionate to the level of risk or threat.
- Manage security assurance audits including pre-audit co-ordination & preparation work; assessments during audits; and reporting & tracking remediation work post-audits.
Who you are
- Knowledge and experience of auditing ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, UK Telecoms Security Act, or any other government security standards.
- Professional certification in some of the following: 27001 lead auditor, CISM, CISSP, COBIT, CISA, CGEIT, or equivalent experience is expected.
- Telecommunications organisation experience would be an advantage.
- Experience and ability to influence stakeholders and manage sensitive discussions is a necessary skill.
- Experience using Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) tools.
- Risk management experience balancing business goals with security needs.
- Experience of conducting or supporting audits.
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
What we offer
We believe that taking care of our employees is the key to their success. That is why we offer an excellent remuneration and bonus package with up to 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family, including employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes. We take pride in our commitment to supporting you at every stage of your career by providing top of the range learning and development tools, market leading parental leave policies and an innovative Reconnect programme for people who have taken a career break.
Together we can
Vodafone UK are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and all offers of employment for this role are subject to background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks to meet the regulators standards.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request as part of your recruitment journey, for example, extended time or breaks in between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, or assistive technology, please refer to the Accessibility section of our Careers website (https://careers.vodafone.com/uk/applying-to-vodafone/) for guidance.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Job date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 07:13:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!