Job title: Customer Service Advisor
Job description: Job description
Location: Hybrid working
Salary: £22,750 + excellent benefits
Hours: 35 hours per week
As a Customer Service Advisor within Bereavement Support you will provide our customers with an outstanding service we can all be proud of. This is a specialist area of the business requiring those that are compassionate and diligent in supporting our customers. In this role, you will process initial notification following the death of a customer, providing query resolution relating to the bereavement journey via multiple communication channels.
You will need to make judgement calls balancing both customer/business risk, whilst, providing an empathetic, knowledgeable and professional telephony/administration service directly to bereaved families. Speed, certainty, accuracy, and empathy, so these are key skills we look for.
Within this role you will be
- Handling inbound and outbound calls, and any contact received through digital channels and post
- Making judgement calls around customer and business risk whilst providing an empathetic, knowledgeable and professional telephony and administration service directly to bereaved families
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Delivering fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own behaviours meet the required bank value
- Understanding HSBC’s vision, values and goals to build engagement and an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture
- Supporting the department in meeting key performance indicators (service levels, operational risk, etc.),
When & where you’ll work:
Our opening hours are Monday – Friday 8.30am to 6pm and Saturday 9am-2pm. Successful applicants must be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 12 months. We are specifically looking for people who can work full time.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
Flexibility, customer centricity and the ability to work well in a team environment will help you to thrive in this role. We want people who can demonstrate a genuine interest in customers and a passion for the service you provide.
You do not need contact centre or banking experience to be successful, however some of the transferable skills and experience we are looking for are:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Customer Service
- Strong judgment, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Pride in delivering what is promised in line with the customer and service expectations by taking ownership and helping to drive early resolution
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced changing environment
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal with ability to adapt to the situation required
- Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes
We operate a hybrid working environment, which means you will work a minimum of 60% of your working week from the office and the remainder remotely from home. To be able to work from home you will need to ensure you have a suitable office set up which includes a desk and a chair in a location which is safe, secure and free from the interruptions of day to day life, we will provide you with the technology required to do your role, you will also need to have a home Fibre Broadband connection with a minimum speed of 10MPS.
The Hybrid Office Location for this role is: Sheffield
You’ll initially receive 3 weeks full training to get you up to speed with the specifics of your job role, the systems you will use, as well as the products and services that HSBC offer. After training you will then receive a further 5 weeks of support in our Academy, this is where you will be taking your first live customer calls with the support of a peer coach. Our Training and Academy hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
To enable us to provide you with the correct support to fulfil your role training and academy support will be face to face in the office, we also ask that you do not take any holidays during this time.
What You’ll Get!
We offer an attractive minimum starting salary of £22,750 (£12.50 per hour) based on 35 hours per week, plus an annual discretionary performance bonus and a very competitive benefits package listed below:
- 25 days holiday and 8 bank holidays with the option to buy a further 5 days
- Perks at Work Benefit where you will be able to access to 30,000+ national & local employee discounts. Over 20 different categories ranging from Electronics, Fashion, Entertainment, Travel and Home & Garden to name a few.
- A market-leading employer Pension contribution*
- Access to “My Choice” Flexible benefits platform where you have access a whole range of optional benefits you can get hold of including: Health Club Memberships, Retail Voucher Cards, Car Breakdown Cover and Health Cash plan including dental to name a few.
- BUPA Healthcare
- Life Assurance, equivalent to four times your annual salary
- Sharesave schemes – a monthly savings plan linked to an option to buy shares in HSBC at a discounted rate.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We are proud members of the Disability Confident Scheme, and will offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please contact our Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500.
Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has processes in place to avoid nepotism. This means we will avoid circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
Expected salary: £22750 per year
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 04:36:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!