Job title: Data Architect
Company: University of Surrey
Job description: Technology Architecture
Salary: £45,585 to £59,421
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Tuesday 13 February 2024
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As part of an exciting and ambitious digital transformation, the University of Surrey is currently seeking a Data Architect to design and create integration and data solutions and models to support our data infrastructure and architectures.
You’ll lead the end-to-end design of the University’s data platforms, infrastructure, integrations and architecture. This requires collaborating with stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into technical data designs.
We value, empower and support every member of staff to get the best out of your unique talents, so you’ll be rewarded with a generous salary, 32 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays, pension contribution of 21%, and a unique and vibrant working environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
As the data architect, you will work closely with stakeholders across the University to understand data requirements and needs. You’ll develop best practice data architecture, management, and governance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design scalable, flexible, and high-performance data architectures that meet business objectives. Develop and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models for various data platforms and technologies.
- Lead the creation of a common data platform, ensuring seamless integration and data flow across different systems and applications.
- Design and develop robust data models, schemas and data repositories that optimise data storage, retrieval & performance.
- Oversee the architecture of integrations and data APIs, ensuring efficient and secure data exchange between different systems utilising ETL Processes.
- Implement data quality and validation processes to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency of data. Analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing and proposed data components, identifying opportunities for optimisation.
The IT team at Surrey are plugged in to the whole University, and our digital transformation work underpins the University’s strategy. IT is growing our digital transformation capability, improving student experience, and helping increase our research impact.
It’s a vibrant and exciting time to join a great and well-respected team at the heart of the University’s strategic plans.
What’s in it for you?
We think Surrey is an amazing place to work, and we are carefully crafting a dynamic, flexible, and fun place to work and thrive.
Our campus is a beautiful, leafy environment with carefully designed gardens, vibrant green playing fields, and a picturesque lake. With the buzz of student life and superb working facilities, the University is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research in an inspiring, innovative and diverse environment.
Alongside our gorgeous campus setting, collegiate on-site atmosphere and plentiful development opportunities, we also offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Market leading Pension up to 30% (21% employer, 9% employee)
- Up to 40 DAYS Holiday: 25 Days annual leave + 7 University Days + Bank Holidays
- Travel & Family benefits including subsidised rail fare, cycle to work scheme and on-site childcare
- Student discount eligibility
- Access to on site world-class leisure facilities at discounted rates
- On-site parking, cafes, restaurants and coffee shops
For more information or to be considered for the role, please apply via the University of Surrey Website.
The University is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.
Interviews will take place week commencing 08/01/2024.
Expected salary: £45585 – 59421 per year
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Job date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 23:45:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!