Job title: Document Controller
Job description: I’m currently recruiting for a dedicated Document Controller to work on the prestigious HS2 project in Oxford.
As a Document Controller, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the accurate management, organisation, and distribution of project documentation, supporting the smooth execution of the HS2 project.
This is a full time role 5 days a week on site working 7:30-5:30 and will require you to travel to and from some of their nearby sites so you must hold a valid driving licence.
They are open to freelance and permanent candidates and all training will be provided.
- Maintain an organised and efficient document control system to manage project documentation, including drawings, reports, correspondence, and other critical records.
- Collaborate with project teams to accurately capture, categorise, and archive all incoming and outgoing documentation.
- Ensure compliance with company and industry standards for document naming, numbering, version control, and distribution.
- Regularly update and maintain the document management database, ensuring all documents are easily retrievable and accessible to authorised personnel.
- Coordinate document reviews, approvals, and revisions, tracking changes and maintaining accurate records of document history.
- Provide support to project stakeholders by facilitating the retrieval of requested documents and addressing any document-related inquiries.
- Monitor document workflows and escalate any discrepancies or delays to the relevant project teams.
- Assist in preparing regular reports on document control activities, highlighting key metrics and trends to aid in project decision-making.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of document control processes, suggesting enhancements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience in a document control role within the construction, engineering, or infrastructure industry is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in document management software and tools, with experience using industry-standard systems.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness of document records.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Familiarity with HS2 project documentation requirements and standards is advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software.
- A proactive and adaptable attitude, willing to embrace new challenges and contribute to a dynamic project environment.
If this is something you’d be interested in please apply now with your updated CV or call Hannah on 0121-212-7790.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Location: Milton Keynes
Job date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 22:06:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!