Job title: Editor Sustainable Views
Company: The Financial Times
Job description: About Us
Across the FT Group, our people are united by a mission to deliver world-class information, news and services to our global audiences. We’re a digital-first organisation made up of journalists, technologists, product managers, event planners, strategists, commercial and finance experts, marketing and communications specialists – and much more. Our strength is in our employees.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We’ll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular, barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Role / Position Overview
Sustainable Views, the FT’s specialist ESG policy and regulation news service, is looking for an editor to drive the next stage of growth of the publication.
Experience of writing for a professional audience, knowledge of ESG themes, an authoritative manner, experience of leading a team and of commissioning and editing copy for a sophisticated professional audience and the ability to build a network of high-level contacts in the sustainable finance community are all important requirements for the role.
Sustainable Views was launched in 2022 and has rapidly built a global paying audience in the finance community and beyond. In 2023 we launched a proprietary Policy Tracker to enable subscribers to keep track of regulatory change around the world, so experience of building an audience and leading a team and a product through rapid growth is also desirable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role you will…
- Be the visible face of Sustainable Views, driving awareness of the product and leading its next stage of growth
- Have a deep understanding of the sustainable finance space and be able to write and speak authoritatively on the subject
- Be able to lead a four-strong editorial team, mentoring and developing writers as well as commissioning and editing content from freelance contributors
- Turn sometimes technical subjects into accessible and engaging copy which helps finance and other industry professionals to understand the evolving ESG space
- Work closely with our product and technology colleagues to continually evolve the product, with particular focus on engagement through compelling content, display and data tools such as the policy tracker
- Be able to nurture contacts within the ESG space and have the authority to represent the title at the highest levels.
- Commission stories from colleagues and freelancers and work collaboratively with them to produce excellent copy for our readers
- Represent the title at industry events and be comfortable with public speaking
- To be comfortable presenting and interviewing on camera and behind a mic and develop engaging video and audio content for subscribers
- Manage the Sustainable Views newsletter as and when required
- Ensure that the content remains fresh, insightful, accurate and relevant and that it caters for the sophisticated demands of our audience through all our channels including podcasts, video, live events and social media
- Use social media, especially LinkedIn, to engage readers
Qualifications / Competencies / Skills / Experience
You’ll bring to the role…
- Extensive editing experience
- A track record of leading a team and developing talent
- A deep understanding of the world of finance and how ESG fits into it
- Experience of working in a digital first publishing environment
- Presentations skills – the ability to speak authoritatively on finance and ESG both at public events and on podcast/video channels
- Experience of commissioning copy and working with contributors to produce engaging content
- Experience of using analytics data to inform editorial decision making
- Experience of using data to tell stories in an engaging way
- Experience of working with cross functional teams towards shared goals
- The ability to commit to a new product style environment where tasks are shared and time management and prioritisation are essential.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found .
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Job date: Thu, 18 Jan 2024 08:03:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!