Job title: EMEA Compliance & Governance Lead (HR)
Job description: Job Purpose and Summary
Canon EMEA are looking for an HR Compliance & Governance Lead to take overall leadership and accountability for HR compliance across the Canon EMEA organisation. This incorporates the definition, implementation, audit, and improvement of HR control frameworks, including HR data access management, HR data quality, HR SOX topics and all HR related GDPR topics.
Lead and manage HR interaction and communication with key internal and external stakeholders: Privacy Office, Finance, IT, Legal, Internal Control, Internal Audit as well as the external auditors. Strong focus on central HR organisations as well as business critical local organisations. In addition, define and manage adequate compliance measures for all other local HR organisations.
– Establish and manage an HR internal control framework to ensure HR compliance in all areas in strong alignment with Canon EMEA internal control framework.
– Ensure that internal HR control framework will serve as proactive HR measure to meet internal and external audit requirements.
– Successfully obtain the approval of the internal and external auditor to the fundamental design controls at the beginning of the annual audit.
– Awareness training/education for key HR users on HR Governance & Compliance.
– Provide SME input to L&D offerings for HR Governance & Risk related areas for the EMEA HR Community, in partnership with the L&D team.
HR SOX controls, internal and external audit
– Be the primary connection point of the HR relationship with external and internal auditors and guide the respective HR process owner (RSHQ and countries) with regards to all HR Sox activities.
– Define and manage remediation actions for all HR related deficiencies as reported by internal or external auditors in close collaboration with the HR Teams and internal and external stakeholders.
– Centrally manage all the communication from HR with external and internal auditors.
– Be the EMEA HR Privacy Champion.
– Ensure GDPR compliance in HR Application systems.
– Ensure the correction and prevention of non-compliance in HR Applications, HR Organisation and all the associated processes.
– Manage Subject Access Requests.
– Manage Privacy Impact Assessments.
– Work closely with the company Privacy Office and the local data privacy champions.
– Provide privacy related training and awareness campaigns to HR stakeholders.
– Define and manage the HR internal periodic reviews in alignment with the wider Canon EMEA periodic reviews.
– Proactively improve HR internal periodic reviews in addition to Canon EMEA periodic reviews.
Quality Assurance of the compliance documentation:
– Ownership of documentation regarding the required HR Quality of Control Execution.
HR Policies and Procedures
– Ownership of documentation regarding all EMEA wide HR Policies and Procedures.
– Alignment with requirements defined by the central legal Team managing EMEA Policies and Procedures.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
Salary: £64,850 to £76,899.38 dependent on experience plus 10% bonus
Here are some of the benefits we offer!
- Annual Bonus and annual pay review
- Hybrid working – 3 days in the office and 2 days from home
- 25 days of personal holiday per year
- Excellent Pension Plan
- Healthcare and wider medical plan
- Discounts on Canon products
- Flexible benefits policy
- Free parking on site
- Subsidized restaurant and Costa Coffee on site too!
What we ask
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in HR Governance and HR Compliance in particular related to HR Systems
- Good understanding of state of the art national and international HR compliance measures
- Solid understanding of underlying legal (incl the GDPR) and SOX requirements
- General understanding of IT infrastructure components supporting IT Services.
- Knowledge of definition and reporting on KPI’s
- Strong leadership and communication capability to influence and ensure others comply with HR standards of practice (frameworks), controls, policies and quality assurance principles.
- Collaborates with others to achieve a common goal; provides leadership and decision- making when required.
- Provide proactive recommendations for continuous improvement (quality-driven)
- Experience of defining, leading and driving broad-reaching process/ policy reviews and audits.
- Complex multi-national professional background required
- Significant professional experience in HR and IT environment, including significant project leadership experience
- Experience in consulting environment (HR audit) preferredExcellent communication and presentation skills, including presenting to and influencing at senior leadership level
You will need
- Is business-outcome driven
- Is courageous and has conviction
- Ensures delivery of the outcome
- Is customer-oriented
- Innovates by building on skills and experience
- Is inspirational and motivational
- Builds trust-based relationships
- Develops and coaches others
Canon Europe champions hybrid working as follows (3 days office / 2 days remote) coupled with a flexible core hours policy. You will be part of an energetic and innovative environment with more than fifty different nationalities! Lastly, you will find that Canon encourages continuous Learning and Development with a wide range of resources and support available on demand.
Does this seem like a great fit for your career expectations? We are excited to hear from you!
#LI-Hybrid Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.
Expected salary: £64850 – 76899.38 per year
Location: Uxbridge, Greater London
Job date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 01:01:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!