Job title: Engineering Assurance Manager
Company: Unipart Rail
Job description: Location : Doncaster, England Job Advert
Reporting to the Head of Technical Support and Assurance, you will be responsible for managing a small team of Assurance Engineers (working across 2 sites, Crewe and Doncaster) to manage and resolve a range of quality and technical issues and ensure that Unipart Rail products and services are in accordance with national and internationally recognised standards.
The Assurance team will be responsible for product integrity across Unipart Group (Rail & Manufacturing Divisions) within both the UK and globally. You will lead the team to manage product concerns and formal notification of industry incidents from Network Rail (Serious Incident Notification (SIN) and National Incident Reports (NIR’s)).
- Leadership of team of Tech Support & Assurance Engineers to deliver the following Engineering requirements:
- Manage the development and implementation of assurance activities for UK and targeted overseas territories, providing support as required
- Ensure that all quality and technical assurance activities meet stringent industry standards, safety and legislative requirements for UK and overseas territories
- Support the product development and customer facing engineering technical teams as required for rolling stock and infrastructure products and services
- Support supplier and customer audits for conformity, reliability, assurance and certification to ensure compliance to relevant standards and specifications
- Manage product failure investigations and provide technical and quality assurance support to the business as required including product safety and reliability assessments
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures associated with engineering assurance activities and other supporting functions
- Ensure that Unipart Rail products and services are procured in line with recognised safety standards and specification requirements both nationally and internationally.
- Manage engineering change control procedures and processes associated with Engineering Assurance activities and liaise with other business functions as required
- Support technical investigations in the resolution of Unipart Rail affected national incidents and serious product concern activities
- Ensure product specification and Safety Critical Parts policies are adhered to across the business and with suppliers to maintain product integrity and quality
- Ensure Quality Procedures are followed to ensure that all activities within the Engineering Function are fully compliant with the quality management system
- Support the Quality Manager to maintain and enhance the company Quality Management System and associated industry accreditations
- Experience of managing a small team
- Educated to minimum HNC/ HND level or with equivalent engineering experience
- Experienced in use of problem solving techniques
- Good knowledge in use and application of procedures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Good understanding of engineering quality systems
- Ability to investigate and resolve technical and quality related issues
- Experience of Quality management systems – ISO 9001 /2015
- Lead auditor qualification
- Knowledge of Rolling Stock and/or Infrastructure products
- Understanding and knowledge of Rail products and approvals process
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system
Unipart Rail – Who are we?
We have a long heritage in the rail industry based on decades of experience, we have continuous improvement plans to embrace innovation in both products and business techniques to ensure that we remain the first and best choice for our customers. Our focus on Technology in our products, services and solutions places us at the forefront of industry 4.0 and in our Technology & Product Solutions and Supply Chain Solutions, delivering value for our customers.
Unipart Rail is part of the Unipart Group, one of Europe’s leading independent logistics’ companies that employs more than 8,000 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £800 million. As a valued employee of Unipart Rail, you can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and also world class status in employee engagement.
Pension and death in service provisions for employees in pension scheme
25 Days Hols (plus Bank Holidays)
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
Employee offers and discounts from various retailers
Cycle to work scheme, recognition events and rewards
Car parking and breakfast club
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Permanent
Salary Up to £60,000 (depending on experience)
Expected salary: £60000 per year
Job date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 23:39:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!