Job title: FACILITIES ASSISTANT
Company: Career Legal
Job description: Legal Finance & Accounting REF: LF927075 legal-biller-974800
Central London * Contract
Career Legal https://www.careerlegal.co.uk
My client is a commercial law firm based in the heart of London’s historic legal district in Lincoln’s Inn. Founded in the early 1900s, they have grown to become a thriving and modern practice, providing a comprehensive range of legal services to meet the needs of a wide variety of businesses, individuals and organisation based throughout the UK and overseas.
They are now looking for a Legal Biller to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Processing over 500 bills per month
- Reviewing all bills received from partners and associates and applying corrections as required
- Applying mark-up/mark downs to invoices
- Liaising with fee earners, secretaries and other members of staff to solve account queries prior to invoicing.
- Actioning WIP write-off requests via £0 prebill posting and file closures
- Dealing with narratives and other amendments.
- Producing credit notes within the billing process
- Dealing with disbursement issues at the point of billing
- Potential for cover in other areas of the finance team during quieter periods
- The successful candidate must have previous Law firm experience. Previous experience of Aderant is essential.
- Be up to date with all SRA regulations ensuring that all client transactions are carried out under compliance
- Knowledge of VAT compliance
- Experience of e-billing is required
- Confident with numbers, attention to detail
- The successful Legal Biller will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be able to liaise effectively at all levels
- Friendly and team player and the ability to work under pressure.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted, you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful, and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Location: Central London
Job date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 00:59:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!