Job title: Field Sales Representative
Company: Smiths News
Job description: Field Sales Representative – Home Counties – West London – Berkshire
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Hours of Work: 9 am to 5.00 pm Base:
Field based with HQ visits and offsite meetings
Salary: up to £24,000-£26,000 pa– plus additional 10% performance related bonus Benefits: laptop, phone. Group benefits (DIS, Pension, Health Shield Cash Back Plan) 20 days holidays (plus 8 bank holidays), company van.
Instore, part of Smiths News are recruiting Field Sales Representative(s) to drive distribution of our client’s products within the Independent Sector. If you have experience in field sales and can demonstrate your ability you could be a potential candidate to join the world class sales team with Instore on behalf of our Global Clients.
Our client is a truly innovative business who have brought their products to the market over the last few years and are instantly recognisable. Focused predominantly on the Health & Wellbeing and Sports Industry they support the brand with exceptional above the line marketing spend and have truly recognisable and on trend Brand Ambassadors. Their product offerings are a perfect fit for the independent market – offering great products, flavours, innovation, POS, margins and ongoing support for retailers to benefit from their widely engaging marketing strategy. Our clients have partnered with Instore, to provide its field sales function. This role will involve full territory management across designated territories that will involve pulling stock from nominated local cash & carry’s and selling these to independent shops, cafes, sports clubs, independent gyms etc… The role will also involve local cash & carry activation and stock management – you will be the key person between the brand and the cash & carry and expected to communicate the two effectively and efficiently.
Main Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
- Drive sales & distribution targets to agreed KPI’s across a variety of accounts engaging business owners to complete the sales but more importantly to keep purchasing the product ongoing.
- Develop strong customer relationships within your sales territory and identify and unlock incremental distribution opportunities
- Management of cash & carry stock levels and activation within depots
- Stock management and reconciliation
- Entrepreneurial in approach
- Seek to uncover Key Accounts with Bulk Distribution Opportunity (Mini Multiples / Others)
- Maximize brand presence within the trade in your sales territory
- Provide existing accounts with on-going support and identify additional opportunities for growth
- Ensure all relevant calls are completed within territory plan on a day to day basis
- Develop a high performing field mentality to deliver on all KPIs
- Use effective communication to share best practice with colleague’s, keep Line Manager informed of all requirements and to drive excellent education and engagement levels with all customers
- Escalate issues and find resolutions before problems arise where possible
- Maintain an expert understanding of clients business and products to aid successful selling
- Execute to a high standard at all times
- Offer, without being asked, quality and concise feedback to line manager that helps to drive forward the clients business and Retail growth strategy
- Completing all administration tasks to ensure time requirements are met and that work is of a high standard
- Fully understand the clients Retail landscape to allow for competitor advantage and seasonal opportunities to be delivered
- Understand how the Smiths News delivery network operates and utilise tools to ensure customers can order products ongoing
To be successful in this role you ideally have:
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Previous experience within a relevant sales or retail environment, ideally within FMCG / consumer goods.
- Brand Ambassador Experience would also be considered.
- Strong relationship building skills and previous experience in sales techniques
- Experience in remote field activity and delivery against sales targets and KPIs
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Driven sales conversions through education
- Good analytical skills
- Evidence of success in sales
- Ability to influence and implement change
- Ability to document ideas and actions to drive performance from business plans
- Energetic and passionate about retail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Eye for detail
- Understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Flexibility, reliability & resilience
- Strong relationship building skills
- Full and clean driving license
- Able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
Instore is part of Smiths News Plc. Progression opportunities are ahead both within Instore and the wider Smiths News group of companies
Smiths News is the UK’s largest news wholesaler. Our colleagues serve 24,000 retailers every day of the year, operating from 37 distribution centres. If you share our passion, spirit and can-do attitude, you really could go much further with us.
Service and efficiency put us at the forefront of our industry and with 55% market share we are the leading player in one of the world’s fastest moving supply chains. Our teams go further, when others stop, striving to meet to the highest standards in all we do.
InStore works with retailers, suppliers and publishers providing field-based Merchandising & Marketing, Supply Chain Auditing and Compliance solutions.
Expected salary: £24000 – 26000 per year
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 06:10:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!