Job title: Finance Manager
Company: International Tennis Integrity Agency
Job description: The ITIA are excited to announce they are recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager who has depth of knowledge across all facets of the delivery of a finance function within a small/medium size organisation.
This role will provide opportunity to deliver strategic initiatives within the business as well as the responsibility for the operational delivery of the finance function across the organisation.
It will suit someone with a very pro-active approach to developing and maintaining relationships both within the ITIA and with the ITIA funders.
At the ITIA, we know diversity fosters creativity and innovation. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to being a place where all belong. We therefore particularly encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups.
The International Tennis Integrity Agency (ITIA) is an independent body established in 2021 by International Governing Bodies of Tennis (ITF, ATP, WTA and Grand Slams) to promote, encourage, enhance and safeguard the integrity of professional tennis worldwide. The ITIA administers the Tennis Anti-Corruption and Tennis Anti-Doping Programmes and is supervised by a Board which consists of five Independent Directors and four Tennis Member nominated Directors, representing the funders.
The ITIA is a value-led organisation – our values are underpinned by ‘Integrity’ (it’s literally in our name!) and are Respect, Collaboration, Excellence, Approachable and Innovation. We have recently been on a journey to review and define our vision and values: to remind ourselves why we do what we do, the direction we are taking and who we’re going to be along the way.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The ITIA is seeking a permanent part/full-time Finance Manager, reporting to the Senior Director, Business Services.
The principal purpose of the Finance Manager role is to manage the finance function, policies and processes of the ITIA. The Finance Manager is supported by a part time Finance Analyst.
- Managing the end-to-end Purchase Invoice and Expense processes. Ensuring processes are documented and executed in a timely manner and according to relevant accounting regulations.
- Managing the end-to-end Sales Invoice processes. Ensuring processes are documented and executed in a timely manner and according to relevant accounting regulations.
- Managing the ITIA’s cashflow management and maintaining the ITIA’s relationship with its bank.
- Overseeing the execution of monthly payroll processes.
- Liaising with the third party to fulfil all the requirements for the established hedging program.
- Managing the ITIA’s Finance System in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Managing the relationship with the ITIA auditor and supporting the audit process including by providing all necessary financial information.
- Preparing management and statutory accounts (and such other finance reports) as agreed with the Senior Director, Business Services.
- Preparing papers for and attending the ITIA’s Audit Committee as requested by the Senior Director, Business Services and/or ITIA Committee Chair.
- Supporting the Senior Director, Business Services in preparing each year’s budget.
- Managing the relationship with the ITIA’s insurance broker and leading on the annual insurance renewal.
- Overseeing all taxation for the ITIA and liaising with external firms / HMRC as required
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, Business Services regularly reviewing policies and procedures relating to the finance function to seek to drive efficiencies and useability whilst also ensuring that appropriate checks are in place.
- Visibly demonstrating the ITIA Values and ensure that they are embedded throughout the finance department.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Fully accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- A proven track record of managing a finance function.
- A track record of developing and implementing finance policies and processes.
- Excellent influencing and communications skills, demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively, credibly and confidently with a wide range of senior stakeholders, including Executive and Board colleagues, both inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to work independently, use initiative as well as directing others.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and common Finance applications.
DESIRABLE (BUT NOT ESSENTIAL):
- An interest in and understanding of tennis and its structures/levels.
- Knowledge of Power BI or other reporting tools
- An exciting working environment in a dynamic, international sports body.
- Competitive salary (circa £60-70K depending on experience)
- Lunch (when in the office).
- 25 days holiday per annum plus UK bank holidays (pro-rata for part time).
- Comprehensive Private Medical Insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (employer contribution currently 10%).
- Income Protection Scheme.
Candidates must confirm that they have the right to work in the UK.
This job specification should in no way be deemed a complete and definitive description of the job requirements. Responsibilities may be expanded or reduced at any time as deemed appropriate by Senior Director, Business Services. To support the team, you may be required to carry out reasonable and relevant tasks that may fall outside of your positions’ remit.
Within reason, you may be required to work outside of your standard contracted hours to meet the needs of the business. International Travel may also be required on an infrequent basis as needs arise.
As part of your ongoing development, you may be required to undertake training in order to meet the requirements of your role.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV along with a short covering letter to email@example.com outlining your skills and experience relevant to this role.
Expected salary: £60000 – 70000 per year
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:25:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!