Job title: Finance Manager – FTC 13 Months
Company: BRE Group
Job description: Salary Range
£70,000 – £85,000
Fixed Term Contract
Help BRE make the built environment safer and more sustainable
BRE is the world’s leading innovation, science and data hub for the built environment. For more than a century we have provided government and industry with cutting edge research and testing. Join us to help deliver products, advice, services, standards and qualifications used around the globe to make buildings better for people and the environment. Through science-led solutions to urgent challenges, we will build a thriving and sustainable world.
Your role at BRE
You will take on the majority of standard responsibilities of our Finance Manager as well as some specific projects. Your remit will include the key task of reporting BRE’s results for various internal and external parties – including trustees, the executive management team, government agencies (National Statistics and HMRC), auditors and creditors.
Specific projects for this role include:
- Working on the old intercompany balances so they can be offset between companies leaving cleaner balances sheets. This project has been requested by the auditors in the AFR for several years.
- Support with cleansing the fixed asset register and the open work orders and projects.
- A review of the payroll posting with more efficient alternatives suggested and implemented as appropriate.
Key responsibilities include supporting in:
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Ensuring tax compliance throughout the business
- Providing analysis for corporate accounting
- Managing the rollover of accounting periods including debtors and creditors reconciliations
- Assisting with annual statutory accounts audit by responding to the auditor’s information requests
- Providing technical support to the Assistant Management Accountant and Management Accountant
- Completing statutory returns such as VAT returns, Customs correspondence
- Managing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and month end processing for prepayments, accruals, salary costs and income claiming.
We are looking for a experienced Finance Manager who is ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified. You will also have:
- Substantial experience with reconciliations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines whilst prioritising workload
- The ability to work under guidance but without supervision
- The ability to develop reporting and analysis
- Experience of dealing with external auditors
- Analytical thinking and good planning and organisational skills.
The requirements above are provided for guidance purposes. We welcome applications from candidates with varying levels of experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
We offer a competitive salary as well as a wide range of financial, wellbeing and career development benefits.
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension scheme with 5% matching employer contribution, Life assurance (4x basic salary) and an enhanced maternity package
- Healthpartners – cash back on a wide range of health and wellbeing costs including prescriptions, physiotherapy, dental care and more
- Onsite restaurant, onsite nursery and free onsite parking including free EV charging points
- Learning and development opportunities, including free access to our BRE Academy and online courses, and professional membership reimbursement.
We review applications as they are received, so please apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE. We know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative in delivering effective solutions for our customers.
Expected salary: £70000 – 85000 per year
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 03:20:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!