Job title: Fitter – Brandon Hire Station
Company: Vp plc
Job description: Join our fantastic operational branch team as a Fitter and help us keep our vast catalogue of rental equipment in top condition ready for hire.
About the role
As a branch Fitter your main responsibility is to maintain and repair the extensive Brandon Hire Station rental assets so our customers can have the equipment they need on time when they need it. This role is pivotal in the performance of the branch and as such is key to maximising output and efficiency.
- Ensure all assets are safely maintained and repaired
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring assets are available to hire
- Attend equipment breakdowns at customer sites as and when required
- Ensure all records are completed accurately and in line with company procedures
- Adhere to H&S rules / procedures at all times
- Manage and record data e.g. time allocation and spares used, stock needed
- Assist with, and attend stock takes as required
- Cover the counter, deliveries and collections when essential to business demands
What we’re looking for
- Experience of working with machinery and tools, both mechanical and electrical
- Organised and methodical approach to work, taking pride in delivery
- Professional customer service skills
- Comfortable using IT equipment
- ‘Can do’ attitude to work and helping in other areas of the branch
- Mechanical / electrical qualification (desirable not essential)
- Valid driving licence (desirable not essential)
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Salary sacrifice pension
- 22 days annual leave, rising to 25 days from January 2024 + bank holidays
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- Free Tool Hire
- Life Assurance cover 3x salary
- Share save scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Learning & Development – commitment to upskilling and developing our people, structured in house training available alongside external training where required
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service recognition
- My Vp discounts – a variety of discounts and rewards on thousands of well-known brands
- Discounts on HP products
- EE mobile contract discount offers
- Gym discounts
- Health Shield (discounted premiums on health care cash plan)
- Regit Assist 24/7 accident helpline – free joining
A little bit about us
Brandon Hire Station is the leading provider of tool and equipment hire in the UK.
Our commitment to exceptional customer support services is unmatched in the industry. We guarantee timely delivery of our tools and equipment through our branded vehicles and FORS accredited drivers. Plus, with our ‘Everyday Product Hire Guarantee’, you can trust that our most hired products are always available at every branch, every day, collected or delivered throughout the UK.
At Brandon Hire Station, we’re actively looking for passionate individuals to join our team. We’re committed to providing the highest level of service to our customers and we’re always on the lookout for like-minded professionals who share our dedication to excellence.
If you’re interested in working for a company that’s committed to providing exceptional customer support services, we invite you to apply for a position with Brandon Hire Station today.
Vp plc is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
Location: Chessington, Greater London
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 23:48:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!