Job title: Food Safety and Quality Compliance Manager
Company: A.F. Blakemore & Son
Job description: Location : Hybrid (50% Home and 50% Office/Field), England Job Advert
Food safety and Quality Compliance Manager
Hybrid working with site visits. Main office Willenhall (Wolverhampton) /Jamesbridge (Darlaston) split.
£40k – £50k depending upon experience + car + benefits.
Are you currently a QA or technical manager looking for a new challenge. Do you have a variety of technical skills and the ability to build great relationships with both internal and external customers?
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Food Safety and Quality Compliance Manager to evolve our existing food safety and quality systems and processes across various segments of our organization.
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager this role represents a senior position within AF Blakemore’s central food safety team, and it’s far from your typical desk job – you’ll be immersed in the hustle and bustle of our retail stores and foodservice depots, while also forging strong food safety and quality relationships with suppliers and customers.
In this multifaceted role, you’ll engage with a spectrum of technical aspects: from systems and procedures to risk assessment, supplier and complaint management, root cause analysis, and education and training. You’ll become the go-to expert for anything related to food safety, Quality, authenticity and legality supported by an already established food safety team who will assist you every step of the way.
Who we are:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is a family-owned company with a rich history dating back to 1917. We have grown to become one of the UK’s largest privately owned companies, operating 260 SPAR convenience stores and employing over 7,000 people, with a turnover of £1.3 billion. Our business is deeply rooted in food and drink, with divisions specializing in retail, food service, and wholesale distribution.
As Food Safety and Quality Compliance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- To support the divisional team in key aspects of Food Safety and Quality.
- To investigate rejection / complaint issues and manage process / solutions as part of our continuous improvement.
- To investigate FB and quality complaints and ensure supplier investigations are completed back to root cause.
- To conduct supplier audits / visits where necessary.
- To educate and upskill non-technical members of the divisional teams ; make them think like technical people do.
- To audit stores and depots assessing compliance to HACCP , in house Food safety systems, BRGSC and customer standards
- To risk assess “owned” product lines and set up quality assessment, benchmarking and compliance programmes.
- To assist the depot teams with their BRC audit and ongoing maintenance of their quality systems manuals.
This position will involve travel and flexibility with your schedule, but the rewards and opportunities it offers are bound to be well worth it. If this aligns with your aspirations, we encourage you to explore the detailed job description.
- You must have strong customer focus , both with internal and external customers. You must take pride in your work.
- Ideally you will have a degree in a food related discipline or strong experience within a food technical / quality team.
- Have auditing training / qualifications or be an experienced auditor along with some HACCP qualifications.
- You must be willing to be hands on, and as happy in safety shoes as you are in an office environment.
- You must be familiar with the BRCGS standards for food and storage and distribution.
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently , you’ll work with cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Positive attitude and flexibility in offering support to other Blakemore divisions if this adds value.
- Demonstrate integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles.
- You must have a full driving licence and be happy to travel as part of this role
What’s in it for you?
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our success so not only will you receive excellent training, support and continued development but we will also offer a competitive salary and superb benefits package.
- 34 days holiday per year including public holidays (Increasing after 3, 5 and 10 years)
- Use of a Company Car, or take a Car Allowance as an alternative
- Mobile Phone & laptop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Develop your skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
- Outstanding Training & Development opportunities
- Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay packages
- Flexible working hours opportunity
- Excellent additional benefits package including:
- Early access to your pay through ‘EarlyPay’
- 24/7 access to your payslips via HR/Payroll portal
- 12.5% Staff discount on fresh items & 10% Staff Discount on ambient products in our SPAR stores (ex. Alcohol & Cigarettes)
- Wellbeing support – access to emotional support, counselling, legal and financial advice
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Life Insurance worth 1 x Annual Salary and 6 x Annual Salary with Company Pension Scheme
- NEST pension scheme
- Extra Holiday – Purchase Scheme
- Long Service Awards
Inclusive environment: as a Disability Confident Committed employer we are dedicated to creating a fair, inclusive workplace for all. We offer a Guaranteed Interview Scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the role Hours 40per week Monday – Friday
Department Food Safety
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £40k – £50k depending upon experience + car + benefits
Expected salary: £40000 – 50000 per year
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 02:27:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!