Job title: Graduate Process Engineer
Job description: Job Introduction
Are you a Chemical Engineering Graduate looking for the first step of your career? Then please read on as we may just have the role for you…
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Process Engineer to join our Cement, Lime and Packed Products Team at our Dunbar site in East Lothian, Scotland. The role is easily commutable from Dunbar, East Linton, Cockburnspath, Eyemouth, Duns, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Tweedmouth, Haddington, North Berwick, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh, Newcraighall, Bonnyrigg, Leith, Queensferry, Livingston, Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As part of the UK and Ireland Cement, Lime and Packed division you as a Graduate Process Engineer will participate in our 3-year graduate scheme, helping you to make decisions to deliver business impact, present powerfully, communicate effectively and many more key skills. You will play an important role in keeping UK infrastructure moving, contributing towards the successful production of cementitious products. An exciting role where you can see the outputs of your hard work all around you (quite literally!)
Key focus of Graduate Process Engineer position, not exhaustive:
- Gain a detailed understanding of cement engineering, manufacturing, and production via a dedicated Tarmac development programme and the CRH international technical programme
- Plenty of chance for some hands-on experience on site, contributing to successful continuous plant performance, and addressing production and process bottlenecks for an improved output, stability and environmental aspects
- Whilst your first 3 years will primarily be based on one Plant you will then be expected to gain valuable experience on Plants across our UK and Ireland Cluster or participate in an exciting international assignment
- Assist in tracking key process parameters and analyse data to optimise plant performance, making recommendations for modifications
- Gain knowledge, understanding and practical application of all safety policies, procedures and practices and be active in leading and driving safety standards and improvements
- Involvement in root cause analysis to understand the associated costs and business impacts resulting from plant un-planned downtime
- Play a key role in important projects to help improve the way we work and deliver added value
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
Key Operational Colleagues you will liaise with in this role of Graduate Process Engineer:
- Site Managers – Business Managers – Health & Safety teams – Procurement and Support teams – Technical Teams – Area Operations teams – Area Commercial teams – Area HR Teams – Industry Bodies – Customers
What you get from us:
- Your line manager and mentor will give you help and guidance throughout your graduate programme
- The Tarmac Graduate community, who you will collaborate and spend time with throughout your graduate experience
- Your Operational colleagues, who most of your daily interactions will be with
- Health and Safety Team, always on hand to make sure we are working safely, although safety is everyone’s responsibility!
- Human Resources, here to support the development of your career with Tarmac
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful for this role the ideal candidate for the position of Graduate Process Engineer will have, or be able to demonstrate:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Willing to work in different locations across UK and Ireland (and international assignments in the future)
- Organisational, Communication and Analytical skills
- Passionate about working safely
- Motivated and loves a challenge
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
In addition to the role of Graduate Process Engineer we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Graduate #Graduates #Chemicalengineering #ProcessEngineering
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian – Northern Ireland
Job date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 07:29:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!