Job title: Group Accountant – Europe
Company: Turner & Townsend
Job description: Company Description
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 119 offices in 49 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients’ assets.
During 2021 Turner and Townsend Partners LLP announced a strategic partnership with CBRE Inc, a US listed commercial real estate services and investment firm, which has seen the company acquire 60% of the share capital of Turner & Townsend Holdings Ltd. The investment will accelerate our Vision 2025 ambitions and provide the firepower to grow our capability and capacity to be the leader in our markets. It will accelerate the realisation of our Purpose – helping us to transform performance for a green, inclusive and productive world.
Turner & Townsend’s Europe business has been supporting clients across the region for over 20 years. From a combined network of 24 offices in 14 countries, we provide our clients with an essential combination of local knowledge and global best practice, making the difference to some of the world’s most progressive and successful organisations in every industry across real estate, infrastructure and natural resources.
The Europe Group Accountant will manage key finance processes across the region including consolidation of monthly management accounts, reporting, cashflow, budgeting and forecasting processes.
They will be a strong team player with a substantial understanding of accounting principles and processes.
- Production of consolidated monthly management accounts together with supporting financial analysis and commentary.
- Review of financial performance with suggestions to improve performance of key financial and non-financial metrics, i.e. profit, utilisation, WIP, project margin.
- Prepare consolidated reporting and deliverables for group and ensure timely delivery.
- Maintaining and updating the internal control framework to ensure integrity of financial reporting process.
- Own the consolidation and challenge of the Europe monthly forecast process to ensure an accurate representation of future revenue and profit expectations are shown by cost centre.
- Support the consolidated Europe budget process end to end including meeting all deadlines set by group.
- Own the consolidation of the Europe monthly cashflow process to ensure an accurate representation of future cashflows and balances are shown by country and currency.
- Working on ad-hoc projects including new systems implementations, business acquisitions etc.
- Line management responsibilities of direct reports if applicable
- Provide Europe rate card information and support on the commercial submissions where required for bids and clients.
- Work across Europe Finance team to support whole team priorities and provide appropriate guidance and support as necessary.
- Focus on continuous improvement and identifying opportunities for process efficiencies and simplification.
- Support wider Finance function with approval of supplier and payroll payments and other ad-hoc requests and admin as required.
- RMD, Country MDs and Cost Centre Leads
- Europe Finance
- Group Finance
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA).
- Strong Excel and MS Office applications experience.
- Confident individual with good interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Accuracy and high-level attention to detail.
- Experience working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Substantial understanding of accounting principles and processes.
Turner & Townsend recognise the fact that our employees are the key to our future growth. We invest in the training, development, and regular appraisal of our people: by managing each employee’s career aspirations and by promoting from within at every opportunity, we believe we have created a stimulating, challenging and exciting working environment for our staff.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at .
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
Job date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 23:16:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!