Job title: Group Financial Accountant
Company: Prescient Healthcare Group
Job description: About the Opportunity
Within our Finance team, this newly created position of Group Financial Accountant will work to provide high quality finance support to a number of key stakeholders including the Group Financial Controller and CFO.
The role holder will be a key member of the Finance team and will work alongside the Management Accounting team to prepare a robust set of consolidated Group results each month. This role will also play a key role in ensuring consistent accounting practices and high standards across the business, producing timely and accurate information and proactively supporting the business.
This will be a wide-ranging role and provide a significant number of opportunities to get involved with different types of work outside the core role, which will provide professional growth and variety to the role.
- Lead the consolidation process and produce consolidated financial statements at the year-end;
- Preparation of subsidiary financial statements ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards;
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations including assisting with the implementation of new accounting standards and regulatory changes;
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly management reporting;
- Producing and completing the monthly board pack deliverables;
- Responsibility for reconciling all intercompany transactions within the Group;
- Support the implementation of the new financial reporting system;
- Ensuring accurate and timely tax filings along with completion of quarterly VAT calculations and returns.
- Prepare external reports for other governmental agencies such as ONS surveys.
- Act as a key contact in the Group Audit process;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure that deliverables are provided in line with deadlines.
- Other adhoc duties
Required Experience and Skills
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA);
- Relevant prior experience of statutory accounts (preparer or auditor) and IFRS
- Experience delivering group consolidation for month-end/year end processes under IFRS and FRS 101.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- IT literate including the use and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) with proficient Microsoft Excel skills
What We Offer
- A competitive package and remuneration linked to performance
- A high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where you can create significant business value and forge your own path
- A platform for accelerated professional development and career growth, with significant levels of responsibility and accountability
About Prescient Healthcare Group
Prescient® is a pharma services firm specializing in dynamic decision support and product and portfolio strategy. We partner with our clients to turn science into value by helping them understand the potential of their molecules, shaping their strategic plans and allowing their decision making to be the biggest differentiating factor in the success of their products. When companies partner with Prescient, the molecules in their hands have a greater potential for success than the same science in the hands of their competitors.
Founded in 2007, Prescient is a global firm with a footprint in ten cities across three continents. Our team of nearly 475 experts partners with 27 of the top 30 biopharmaceutical companies, the fastest-growing mid-caps and cutting-edge emerging biotechs, including some of the biggest and most innovative brands. More than 80% of our employees hold advanced life sciences degrees, and our teams deliver an impressive depth of therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise.
Prescient has been a portfolio company of Bridgepoint Development Capital since 2021 and Baird Capital since 2017. For more information, please visit: www.prescienthg.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and fully comply with applicable legislation in all of the geographies in which we operate. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws.
Job date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 08:32:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!