Job title: Health and Safety Advisor
Job description: Health and Safety Advisor wanted for an immediate start on an exciting new project in the Kent area.
Role: Health and Safety Advisor
Rate: Between £300 and £400 per day depending on experience
Duration: 6 Months Minimum
Are you a Health and Safety Advisor with Civil Engineering and / or groundwork project experience looking for a new freelance opportunity?
We have the perfect opportunity to be a part of an exciting new project in the Kent area.
With main work only just starting, our client is looking for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to work with the Project Manager to carry out on-site engagement, coaching and support on HS and promote safe behaviours on site.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out audits and inspections on site where required and ensure non-conformances are closed out
- Assisting in project set up, pre-planning of works and safe systems of work
- Assisting in development of project specific risk registers and assessments
- Assisting in project specific training matrix development, delivery of training and Tool Box Talks upon request
- Carrying out re-active monitoring including accident, incident & near miss investigations
- Undertake planned unplanned inspections, audits, joint tours and reviews of work activities
- Monitoring and assisting in the assessment of sub-contractors
- Checking Health and Safety paperwork daily with new starters, as well as briefing
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experienced as a Health and Safety Advisor
- NEBOSH certificate or appropriate Health and Safety qualification
- Experienced in the design and delivery of safety training programmes
- Experience in CMOISH
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
- Self-motivated to constantly improve upon established safety standards
- Civils background
If you, or anyone you know, like the look of this opportunity and would like to learn more, get in touch!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £300 – 400 per day
Location: Medway, Kent
Job date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 22:21:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!