Job title: Health Safety and Environmental Consultant
Job description: Arcadis is the world’s leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
We are looking for an ambitious, technically strong EHS professional, who is comfortable in being client facing and committed to growing a career in Consultancy. You will be focussed on helping our clients drive their occupational H&S and Environmental performance across a range of diverse sectors such as finance, industrial, manufacturing, transport, oil and gas, infrastructure, chemical, construction, aviation, local and central government.
As part of our Environmental team, you’ll help improve quality of life. With your specialism in environmental management, or your technical or sustainability expertise, your work could involve protected species, pollution, surface water and materials management, air quality or noise. And in some of the world’s busiest and most beautiful locations.
We work to protect our natural environment and water resources, while powering our world for future generations. Around the world, we’re feeling the effects climate change, rapid urbanization, loss of biodiversity. The rate at which we’re seeing large-scale, unforeseen events such as floods and wildfires, is becoming more frequent. We are here to protect our natural environment and water resources, while powering our world for future generations
Your role will be based in our HSE Advisory team, delivering excellent Occupational H&S and Environmental support in a diverse range of projects, from large Arcadis multi-disciplinary projects to smaller local clients.
- The role will also include supporting clients on the development of digital solutions (SharePoint design, Microsoft Forms, Power Apps, Power BI Dashboarding etc), this can be for many different organisations or providing competent EHS assistance/person functions either as support functions of secondments into businesses or projects.
- The role also has close links with transactional services, so, a broad range of opportunities working on occupational workplace H&S and environmental due diligence works/gap analysis.
- You will be actively encouraged to challenge yourself, learn new things, and use your skills wherever they can make an impact across the extents of our Sustainability business.
- The role is flexible around office or home/office hybrid working. Shorter periods of time spent on-site at our client’s properties may be required, and occasional short term international/European travel may also be required. Opportunities may also arise for our staff to immerse themselves in our client’s businesses in part or full-time secondment roles.
Qualifications and Experience:
This role is perfect for someone wanting to take a next step in their career, taking on new responsibilities, making an impact in our business, developing their skills and experience, and growing their internal and external client networks. It would equally suit someone who has previously worked within a consultancy environment or has worked as an internal EHS Manager or part of an internal SHEQ team.
- The successful candidate will be a member of IOSH, (Ideally CMIOSH status) and/or IEMA associate or practitioner membership, with evidenced experience of providing competent advice, guidance and support, development of EHS management systems, progression of workplace inspections, internal EHS audits, fire risk assessments, waste audits, accident investigations, dealing with situations and controls associated with stress, anxiety and depression, asbestos management, noise, environmental audits, construction, refurbishment, supporting consultation elements, monitoring EHS performance along with the development and delivery of wide range of health and safety training packages.
- Proven experience as an EHS Auditor or a similar role in a relevant industry (at least 5 years)
- Experience specialising in EHS service delivery, and whilst consultancy experience is not essential; applicants would need to demonstrate transferable skills in addition to evidencing knowledge and experience of effective occupational health and safety management across a diverse range of industries.
- Ideally holding the ISO14001 (or equivalent) and/or ISO45001 lead auditor certifications, with the ability to plan and conduct audits, analyse data, and prepare detailed audit reports.
- Experience of developing and implementing environmental and health and safety management systems to the ISO45001 and ISO14001 standards, or in accordance with the HSE G 65.
- Strong knowledge of UK and Ireland environmental, health, and safety regulations is critical.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone’s contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 01:57:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!