Job title: Interim Head of Estates and Asset Management
Job description: We are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Bromley to assist with the appointment of a Interim Head of Estates and Asset Management, on a 4.5-month contract, highly likely to be extended at clients discretion. Please apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
- To be the Councils principal officer in the delivery of estate management, acquisitions, disposals, and property development, providing expert advice, leadership and guidance.
- To ensure that the Councils property portfolio is managed efficiently in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To lead the Estates and Assets Management team by delivering a comprehensive commercial property management function in respect of the Councils diverse property portfolio (approx. 2000 Assets) and to contribute to the delivery and management of those estate management activities.
- To build relationships with other Council teams and key partners across the borough, ensuring that the postholder has a borough wide understanding of the Councils role and services.
- To undertake client and tenant communication/consultation, property management and to undertake professional activities including rent review and lease renewal negotiations, acquisitions, disposals, the preparation of valuations and marketing of vacant property, RICS Red Book, and as required providing advice regarding rating and CPO as appropriate.
- Act as the organisational lead on managing the Councils Asset Valuation process, liaising closely with the Capital Accountancy team and Internal and External Auditors.
- To actively address the de-carbonisation of the public estate.
- To monitor and address the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, and service users, in relation to estate management, as well as tenants ensuring a high standard of communication and service.
- RICS membership and Registered Valuer status.
- Experience in managing complex estate projects including CPOs and land assemblies.
- Experience in leading and managing professional teams and delivering asset strategies.
- Experience of working with finance colleagues and auditors to ensure a rigorous approach to information management.
- Experience of maintaining an asset register.
- Experience of managing disposals and acquisitions.
- Experience of advising colleagues and members of the public on matters relating estate and asset management.
- Experience of strategic thinking and successful delivery of projects to completion with legacy plans in place.
- In depth knowledge of estates and asset management.
- In depth knowledge of health and safety legislation and buildings statutory compliance.
- Knowledge of residential portfolio management.
- Knowledge of building materials and construction risks to consider when acquiring property.
- Knowledge of contractual arrangements and effective document management systems.
- Knowledge of the Corporate Landlord system and approach.
- Knowledge of Local Authorities and their duties and responsibilities.
- You should be available to work immediately or at a short notice.
- You should have right to work in U.K
Disclaimer: Brackenberry Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Unless otherwise stated all of our roles are temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary. Incase the role requires an enhanced DBS, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Location: Bromley, Greater London
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 23:00:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!