Job title: Investment Consultant – Portfolio Solutions Group
Company: Charles Schwab
Job description: Your Opportunity
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, proactive, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible, and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Specialized Teams for Advice and Relationships (STAR) is part of the Investor Services Branch Network organization and is primarily responsible for serving clients across various client segments and through both dedicated and team-based relationship models. The Schwab Financial Solutions Branch, within STAR, is a high-scale relationship model responsible for serving Core & Mass Affluent investors.
This extension of the Branch Network will work closely with our new and existing Mass Affluent clients to deepen engagement, build trust, and advise investment solutions and tools for today’s markets. The Portfolio Solutions Group/Financial Solutions Branch will partner closely with a wide range of departments and partners, including the local branches, to ensure these clients get the most out of their relationship with Schwab.
This position is part of a team of experts who provide guidance to clients virtually. Our Investment Consultants partner with clients to understand their goals, wishes, and concerns to provide actionable recommendations that will strengthen their overall plan for their financial futures. This role operates in a team-based practice assignment, supporting client’s ongoing managed investing and overall financial planning needs.
As an Investment Consultant in Portfolio Solutions Group/Financial Solutions Branch, you will advocate on behalf of your clients by listening and discovering what is most important to them, understanding who they are, and collaborating with a team of internal specialists to help clients fulfill their financial goals. You will confidently provide wealth management recommendations and financial planning guidance. Along with planning discussions, you will take ownership over lead follow-up in a team environment through responding to client’s needs, supporting asset consolidation, and continuing to partner alongside your clients as you help guide them through their financial journey. This role will heavily use digital tools and proactive communications with clients.
Your typical day would include planning and advice discussions, client outreach, virtual client presentations, discussions of market trends, collaborating with business partners, sharing of best practices within your team, and additional client engagement. Specific responsibilities include:
Planning and Portfolio Strategies
- Partner with clients via scheduled phone or web-based interactions to engage in financial planning and discovery conversations
- Quickly build rapport with clients and conduct discovery conversations to better understand their financial and wealth management needs
- Consult clients on Schwab’s financial solutions and planning tools
- Provide education and recommendations regarding financial planning and investment topics specifically focused around retirement planning, investment planning, education planning, banking, lending and credit management as well as insurance and risk management.
Business Development and Retention
- Apply a consultative approach to assess and determine appropriate solutions to meet client’s goals and needs
- Uncover additional client opportunities through needs-based analysis
- Proactive outbound calls to existing Schwab clients to deepen their overall relationship with Schwab
- Effectively manage practice client lead queues
- Recommend and subsequently enroll clients into managed solutions based on the client’s individual plan and personal needs
- Demonstrate the value and importance of partnering with an investment professional, regarding planning and investment needs as their financial circumstances evolve over time.
Relationship Management and Organization
- Manage client appointments and personal calendar to ensure availability and an efficient approach to engage with our clients
- Conduct initial and follow-up appointment activities as needed
- Diligent client documentation for events and activities through Salesforce
- Have a desire for consistent growth, striving to learn and improve to provide the best possible client experience. This includes embracing an agile mentality and the adoption of new processes and technology to improve the client experience
- Adhere to a risk-based approach that always puts the client’s interest first and prioritizes contact and engagement based on the client’s needs and preferences
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to:
- Pursue Professional Designations – CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- FC University (Financial Solutions Branch) – We will provide a comprehensive onboarding and new hire program designed for new Financial Consultants specifically tailored for the Financial Solutions Branch. This program will help FCs understand Schwab’s overarching approach to our clients and feature content on branding, discovery, financial planning, digital resources, and Schwab’s spectrum of advised and lending solutions.
- Be part of a fast-paced environment where you will work on a collaborative team of financial professionals with a supportive leader focused on your professional development and coaching to achieve your long-term career aspirations
- Have a Defined Process: Demonstrate your ability to use technology and deliver appropriate advice and solutions through a repeatable process that focuses on addressing clients’ needs.
- Be a Challenger: Partner with and educate Clients. Share and engage clients in discussion about current market conditions, sound investing principles, financial planning, and the ideal wealth and long-term investment strategies for their personal situation.
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to implement our strategy. Essential skills include:
- Active FINRA Series 7
- Series 66 (63/65) license (may be obtained under a condition of employment)
- CFP® designation favored
- A minimum of 3 years of client-facing financial experience
- Collaborative and relationship-focused work style with demonstrated success in a team-based environment.
- Business development experience preferred
- Strong client relationship building experience
- Polished and persuasive interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills
- Able to quickly learn new technology and use a variety of data and systems
- Strong time management skills and productivity; ability to successfully balance competing priorities
- Learning mentality, as you gain an understanding of all the products and services at Schwab
Investment Consultants in the Financial Solutions Branch receive a total compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary and bonus.
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts, Health/Dental/Vision plans
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about .
Expected salary: $65000 – 95000 per year
Job date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 00:23:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!