Job title: IT General Controls Analyst
Job description: Proud to deliver high quality products and develop high-quality careers
IT General Controls Analyst
£38,000 to £45,000
Monday – Friday, Hybrid working
25 Days Holiday
Excellent rewards package including – life insurance, short term bonus, private medical insurance
Bakkavor – We`re the biggest name you’ve never heard of. You’ve probably eaten our food – you just didn’t realise it. We make innovative fresh products, with around 18,500 colleagues working across the UK, US and China. We’re the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers (including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose). We’re ambitious, full of ideas and ready for more people who share our values and passion for quality to join us.
We’re proud to offer you a career with real scope for development. To reward your hard work and ambition as a talented IT General Controls Analyst with plenty of support and opportunity. And empower you to drive your own success and create a career you can be proud of too.
In this busy and exciting role, you’ll be accountable for delivery of the key activities that underpin IT General Control disciplines in Group IT and the effective and efficient delivery of activities including assessment, planning, implementation, reporting and escalation of risk and control matrix activities for IT systems.
Contributing to processes to ensure quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved, will be top of your agenda – as will, providing cover for the responsibilities of the Group IT Assurance, Risk and Continuity Senior Specialist during periods of absence.
As a member of the ARC-PMO Team, you’ll supporting the delivery of the enterprise-wide IT strategy and work in alignment with the enterprise’s business strategy and risk appetite.
- Providing advice and guidance on ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of control mechanisms
- Engaging with stakeholders to issue and review plans, reports, progress statements and approvals
- Contributing to risk assessments and participates in risk reviews – identifying documents and communicates the root cause of issues found
- For projects, development or support activities – planning, organising and conducting audits and determining whether appropriate quality control has been applied
- Collating, collecting and examining records – analysing the evidence to ensure compliance with organisational standards for activities, processes, data, products or services
- Investigating and documenting the internal control of specified aspects of automated, partly automated, or manual processes – assessing compliance with relevant standards and drafting formal compliance reports
- Performing quality assurance reviews of suppliers throughout the supply chain
- Reviewing and analysing audit reports to identify common areas of non-compliance and opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of organisational control mechanisms
- Contributing to process improvement teams and other continuous improvement mechanisms
- Providing quality assurance to smaller or simple development projects, ensuring adherence to standards through, for example, quality review and the provision of guidance and advice on quality issues
- Taking responsibility for the planning and resourcing of audits and / or conformance reviews of existing and planned processes, products, systems and services in simple to medium complexity domain areas
- Participating in, or facilitating stakeholder workshops to review requirements for planned audits, agree priorities, timescales, information disclosure approach and audit frequency
- As part of an audit team, or as the lead – coordinating all stakeholders and conducting audits of simple to medium complexity domain areas within planned timescales
- Collating and analysing evidence regarding the interpretation and implementation of control measures, and / or conformance to standards – preparing and communicating the audit report
Ideally, you will have experience in a risk or controls related discipline, an understanding of manufacturing operations and IT environments, good interpersonal skills, and logical, calm approach to unfamiliar situations.
You’ll be familiar with quality management techniques, security (IT or cyber) or assurance activities, ISO and a background of participating in audits as an auditor or a technician supporting audits.
What’s in it for you?
As an equal opportunities’ employer, we are committed to providing a safe and rewarding environment for you to thrive. This is why we work hard to deliver benefits, rewards and wellbeing offerings that are important to you.
Additional benefits for this role include stakeholder pension scheme, personal accident Insurance, free independent mortgage advice, employee assistance programme, a range of voluntary benefits (holiday purchase scheme, additional life assurance, dental & hospital cash plans), discounted tutoring for children, access to financial learning tools and affordable loans via your salary, proud to be and loyal service awards.
Our colleague wellbeing offering encompasses a range of emotional, physical and financial support services delivered by our fantastic team of wellbeing champions.
Proud to be Bakkavor
We’re proud to be the market leader in the UK fresh prepared food industry – supplying meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread to leading grocery retailers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsburys and Waitrose.
We’re driven by the hard work and passion of our people and are delighted to offer a wide range of careers across our business – come and join our dedicated Bakkavor team!
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, and our presence in the US and China positions the Group well in these high-growth markets. We leverage our consumer insight and scale to provide innovative food that offers quality, choice, convenience, and freshness. Around 18,500 colleagues operate from 44 sites across our three markets supplying a portfolio of over 2,900 products across meals, pizza & bread, salads and desserts to leading grocery retailers in the UK and US, and international food brands in China.
Category: Information Technology
Date: 31 Jan 2024
Req ID: 18432
Expected salary: £38000 – 45000 per year
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire
Job date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 23:34:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!