Job title: IT Solutions Architect
Job description: Are you an experienced Solutions Architect with a passion for designing and delivering technology solutions in a rapidly evolving digital landscape?
Would you like to work on one of the largest Retail transformations, defining Asda’s future technology landscape in a mature architecture practice?
Asda are looking for eCommerce Solution Architects to lead the definition of our new future application & technology landscape. If you have architectural experience in designs solutions for modern eCommerce, then please do not hesitate to apply.
This role would ideally suit a passionate and experienced Architect to join a mature practice, working with a team of 50+ in a supportive environment, with great opportunities for self-development and training.
- You’ll be supported with training opportunities and dedicated Learning & Development time, including BCS Practitioner Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture.
- You will be able to allocate 10% of your time towards Learning & Development activities aligned to your Personal Development Plan.
- Access to Microsoft Enterprise Skills initiative portal to gain access to Microsoft trainings and certifications.
- Opportunities to work with latest Technologies and Tooling in the Cloud.
- Lead the designing of solutions involving industry leading eCommerce products such as Salesforce, Amplience, Algolia, Dynamic Yield, Blue Yonder and Bringg. There’s also the opportunity to be a part of designing some fresh, exciting bespoke solutions.
Experience in Retail, or at least operating in an enterprise-scale environment is desirable but not essential.
Future is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. We are undertaking an unparalleled exercise to build a new IT operating environment; this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to participate in shaping the way the entire business will operate in the future through technology decisions, and the design of solutions in current technologies.
- Experience with the solution design of modern enterprise ecommerce platforms. Ideally specialising within specific core technologies such as order management, front end, mobile app, content management, personalisation, payment, search, marketplaces.
- An understanding of headless ecommerce architecture and familiarity with how to design solutions that effectively put it into practice.
- Experience in collaborating well with other technical roles and be familiar with working at enterprise scale defining innovative and fit for purpose solutions.
- Experience in solution design and a real passion for current technology trends.
- Strong grasp of different integration design patterns and technologies.
- Ability to approach design with timeliness, cost and quality factors in mind. Risk identification and mitigation, quantification and qualification non-functional and functional requirements.
- Excellent written skills and the ability to clearly distil complex architectures into consumable documents and views.
- Able to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience in a way that is relevant, easy to consume and compelling.
- Ability to present at Design Authority and other decision-making forums, and gain consensus from a variety of stakeholders.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- A strong candidate would also have worked with technologies powering inventory management and fulfilment in the context of retail.
- Experience in solution design, in the other tech domains such as infrastructure, cyber-security, data and integrations.
- Awareness of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Experience in modern EA tooling is desirable but not essential, training will be provided on Ardoq.
- Experience of working with Agile Architecture Methodology.
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you will be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking, and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email
Job date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 02:52:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!