Job title: Lead Engineer/Application Architect (SC Cleared)
Company: NTT Data
Job description: Who we are:
Who we are:
You’ll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA’s mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community. Some of the projects we have supported include the digitising of The Open golf tournament and applying Formula 1 technology to support medical staff at University Hospitals Leicester.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of ‘Clients First’, ‘Teamwork’ and ‘Foresight’ and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment. Our Culture & Ethnicity Network gives our colleagues a platform to share their various backgrounds; Our NINGEN programme allows the new generation of NTT DATA employees around the world to connect and shape the future of our organisation and the “City Gives Back” allows us to support our local community that has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic…and much more!
What you’ll be doing:
NTT DATA UK is looking for a Lead Engineer/Application Architect to join our growing practise specifically focussed on the Law Enforcement/Security services domain.
The role requires a hands-on technical leader with excellent customer facing skills and ability to influence business, architecture and technical stakeholders to manage and deliver successful solutions. You will be providing technical leadership and ownership of projects, guiding the client in shaping their ideas by applying your technical knowledge and experience primarily in cloud native technologies and agile delivery.
You will coordinate and lead teams of Application and DevOps Engineers and continually drive forward quality, standards, tooling and development practices.
You will be primarily responsible for:
- Being a hands-on contributor as well as providing technical leadership and support to the team(s) in order to manage and deliver successful solutions.
- Collaborating with other technology teams and technology governance functions to resolve dependencies e.g. interfaces, infrastructure, security.
- Designing and delivering complex full stack digital products encompassing a rich variety of technologies and using a mixture of agile and planned methods.
- Being a trusted technical advisor to customers and solving complex technical challenges, and establishing credibility and deep relationships with senior technical and business individuals within the customers’ organisation, navigating both complex organisation / programme structures.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by writing documentation, creating and leading customer presentations, creating and maintaining solution / data models / interface specifications, reviewing low level designs and help solve technical challenges.
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure within a complex existing client landscape (with pre-defined services and constraints).
- Owning delivery methodology, development practice, quality assurance process, etc. within the team(s) you are responsible for.
- Ensuring solution security compliance and supporting penetration testing assurance exercises in a high risk / trust landscape.
What you’ll need:
In order to be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in and a solid understanding of most of the following:
- Experience with delivering integration micro-service patterns in multiple technologies but at least Java Spring Boot in a containerised environment on AWS
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL Cloud DBs and search services such as Elastic / Open Search
- Experience working with streaming data (e.g. Apache Kafka) and AWS native messaging/streaming features
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle and experience in incremental delivery of software products.
- Systems design experience in a high risk / assurance environment, with the ability to architect or explain complex systems interactions including data flows, common interfaces, APIs and other methods, along with broad architecture skills, covering application, infrastructure, data and integration.
- Experience in leading software delivery lifecycles (both agile and more traditional forms), including:
- DevOps platforms
- CI / CD services and approaches
- Automated testing
- Experience with DevOps tooling and application hosting services such as:
- Jenkins, Drone, AWS CodeCommit / Pipeline / Deploy
- Atlassian stack, Azure DevOpsDocker / Kubernetes / Function as a Service deployments
- Leading design, delivery and test best practise, covering:
- Test strategies (contract led, automation, etc)
- Security assurance (ITHC, penetration testing)
- ITIL Service Management integration
- Cyber security and insider threat auditing
- Strong appreciation of front end delivery concerns including what well architected front end solutions look like (SPA, mobile and traditional MVC) preferably with knowledge of a FE framework such as React
You will be comfortable working with and influencing varied seniority levels both internally and with clients; and training and educating at all levels.
Education and Experience
- SC Cleared or Residency in the UK for the past 5 years (ideally British Passport Holder)
- Senior Developer experience
- Technical leadership experience
- Knowledge of Law Enforcement domain or security services
- A significant number of large scale, whole lifecycle, project experience
- Proven and successful leadership and delivery
The focus on Clients, Teamwork and Foresight is in our DNA and we are looking for someone who shares and embodies these core values, leading by example.
We don’t look for finished articles. We look for people who want to continue their career growth alongside NTT DATA’s.
To support your hard work and dedication, we will offer you:
A people focused business
Excellent opportunities to grow your career, including an online training platform with 3000+ courses, accessible from everywhere, to sharpen your skills.
A varied client base
…And much more!
Job date: Wed, 04 Oct 2023 07:45:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!