Job title: Lead Infrastructure Architect
Job description: Overview
Lead Infrastructure Architect
As Lead Infrastructure Architect you will be accountable for designing the technology architecture structure across platforms and networks in accordance to the business requirements and relevant vendor capabilities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Infrastructure Management, you will be an individual member of an Agile DevOps Scrum Team responsible for creating and providing containerized infrastructure products in Azure which is in turn consumed by other DevOps Scrum teams who build and operate SITA products for our customers.
At SITA, we achieve more, together. Are you ready to join us?
What you will do
The primary duties of this position are principally architectural/design in nature; however, all scrum team members are expected to perform other duties as required by sprint goals and product increment objectives – including coding, networking, database, security, and testing.
Scrum Team infrastructure products are created under the Infrastructure as Code (IaC) paradigm and as such Scrum Team members are expected to be hands on knowledgeable of several tools including but not limited to Terraform, Ansible, Git, Shell Scripting, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, Azure Container Registry (ACR), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), and appropriate Azure CLI and APIs.
As and individual member you will:
- Analyze the technological needs of customers on Infrastructure Architecture (IA) and provide ongoing support for clients
- Collaborate with engineers, developers and other staff to meet (IA) project objectives
- Design infrastructure platform roadmaps, relevant platform network hardware virtualization and interactive solutions according to existing strategies, processes and standards whilst assessing any potential risks and determining solutions to these risks
- Solve common problems and update relevant equipment for IA through risk assessment and through the application of new technology.
Who you are
- 8+ years experience in an IT environment.
- 2+ years of experience developing and rolling out containerized environments
- 2+ years of experience of working in Kubernetes environments. This experience must include engineering deployment strategies, experience hardening deployments, hardening the control plane and worker nodes. Also, a key skill is to understand how to implement observability and altering into new and existing clusters.
- 2+ years, hands on experience working in a Scrum Team developing infrastructure solutions
- 5+ years direct experience presenting the technical solutions you develop to other teams and organizing technical dependencies involving other teams.
- 5+ years demonstrated ability designing and implementing secure cloud infrastructure in Azure
- Demonstrated ability to drive effective meetings, workshops, design and problem-solving sessions
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
- 5+ years experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect with focus on Azure clouds, server, storage, security, and networking
- Proficiency with Terraform and Ansible (coding with Python or Ruby a plus)
- Deep proven knowledge of Azure, AKS, Kubernetes, and associated security and operational best practices
- Demonstrated skills and experience designing and transferring/migrating applications to the cloud
- Proven, demonstrated practical experience in using CI/CD DevOps tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey complex ideas and solutions to non-technical stake holders
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated Leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, information technology or relevant field.
- Understanding of vendor management and licensing models
- Relevant industry certifications such as CKA or CKAD a plus
What we offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we’re always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonus, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build, and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
Keywords: Agile, DevOps, Scrum, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Terraform, Ansible, Git, Shell Scripting, Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, Azure Container Registry (ACR), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure CLI, APIs, containerized environments, Python, Ruby, IT Infrastructure Architect, CI/CD
SITA is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, Aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process.
In case of issues with uploading your CV or accessing the application system, please contact us @
Job date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 06:00:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!