Job title: Lead Security Architect
Company: National Grid
Job description: About us
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business
The Security Solution Architect serves as a security lead/visionary and will act as an expert in many areas of security, describing in business terms the impact of security policies, standards, technology standards and architecture on the business.
The Security Solution Architect is to provide security requirements and to ensure that the delivered solution has the appropriate security services integrated into the solution at release/go-live.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing a security service view to the business programs
- Work closely with project teams, architects, and DevOps teams to drive security requirements, architectures, patterns, and approaches ensuring solutions are secure by design
- Coordination of technical design/review activities with various segments within the Security team Accountable for ensuring that key risks and issues are identified, addressed, and remediated in a manner that satisfies the business risk appetite.
- Accountable for ensuring residual risk is captured with remediation plans and owners are identified and accept the risks.
- Provide security direction to the cyber security programme to ensure that security is a key focus for the deliverable.
- Interpret high level business requirements and communicate them to highly technical security engineers.
- Articulate highly technical issues to a non-technical business audience.
- To produce reference architecture and to ensure that the delivered architecture is fit for purpose and effective when transitioned in to service.
- To manage a team of Security Engineers.
- Appreciation of wider information security related domains including vulnerability management, Identity & Access Management, Platform and Network Security and Data Protection.
- Responsibilities aligned to business units which may cover Enterprise, Critical National Infrastructure (CNI), and Operational Technology (OT) capabilities and services with access to a specialized CNI and/or OT team
- Proven experience in cloud security solutions, Azure hands-on experience preferred Experience in vulnerability and risk management processes.
- Project Engagement experience with Product Operating Model approach, and agile, and waterfall projects
- Effective communication (written and verbal), leadership and partnering skills.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence stakeholders within the Organization. Able to operate as a highly independent worker and as part of a strong team, taking a collaborative approach.
- Preferably somebody who has done hands on IT in the past and understands the pragmatic approach sometimes required.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Security Qualifications such as Azure Security Associate/Azure Solution Associate/CISSP/CCSP/ MSc Information Security, etc.
A competitive salary between £55,000 – £75,000 – dependent on capability.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus of up to 7.5% for on target performance with a stretch performance goal of up to 15% of your salary alongside a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few
Expected salary: £55000 – 75000 per year
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 04:52:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!