Job title: Lettings Associate
Company: Battersea Academy for Skills & Employment
Job description: About us
Battersea Power Station is one of central London’s largest, most visionary and eagerly anticipated new riverside neighbourhoods. The regeneration project is delivering a vibrant, mixed-use destination offering a community of homes, shops, restaurants, offices, culture and leisure venues, as well as 19 acres of public space, all serviced by an extension to the London Underground Northern Line.
The Grade II* listed Power Station and Electric Boulevard, a new high street for London, opened to the public on Friday 14th October 2022, with the first tranche of shops, bars, restaurants and leisure venues welcoming visitors, with further retailers opening throughout 2023. Battersea Power Station is also home to events venues, new office space and 254 new residential apartments. The first residents moved into the Power Station in 2021.
To assist in the growth of the BPS Estates lettings business, delivering exceptional customer service at all times ensuring that BPS Estates offers a professional lettings service to applicants, tenants and landlords as well as internal stakeholders
- Achieve lettings targets ensuring that the BPS Estates standard of customer service is maintained, exceeding them where possible.
- Assist the BPSE Lettings Manager in estimating the rental of value of the property.
- Assist the BPSE Lettings Manager in marketing and promoting properties for rent, including regular communication with both landlords and prospective tenants.
- Represent the landlords in negotiation with prospective tenants.
- Monitor offers as they proceed and liaise with all interested parties.
- Work with applicants to match properties to their requirements.
- Arrange and execute viewings of apartments and the communal facilities.
- Ensuring a price is agreed that is acceptable to both landlord and tenant.
- Keep up to date with trends in the local residential property market.
- Assist BPSE Lettings Manager in updating sales procedures in accordance with best practice, company procedures and understanding new legislation.
- Perform Right to Rent checks, AML checks and CDD for clients and customers.
- Always provide ‘best in class’ service levels to customers, business associates and all other visitors to BPS Estates.
- Work effectively as a team.
- Deliver a service which demonstrates an excellent understanding of BPS Estates and the products including:
- Detailed understanding of the ownership and overall plans for BPS
- Detailed understanding of each product in each phase including design, interior design and specification and the facilities and amenities available to owners
- Detailed understanding of the Vauxhall, Nine Elms and Battersea Opportunity Area (VNEB)
- Up to date knowledge of competing schemes and the second hand market within the VNEB and the wider London market
Skills & Qualifications
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience within the lettings sector in London
- Can demonstrate a successful track record of achieving lettings targets ideally within the Central London property market
- Has a strong desire to work with in a fast paced, high profile, property development lettings role in and deliver best in class at all times
- Ability to build rapport with prospective landlords and tenants alike
- Hard-working with the motivation and determination to achieve and exceed lettings targets
- Professional, personable and organised with a great work ethic
- Experience with large corporate companies (desired)
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player who interacts effectively with colleagues and clients
At Battersea Power Station Estates we value honesty, integrity and openness and we work hard to make BPSE a rewarding and enjoyable place to work. All team members have a vital part to play in the success of the project and we want each team member to enjoy being part of the unfolding success story.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Battersea, South West London
Job date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 02:13:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!