Job title: Manager, Hotel Accounting
Job description: The HAFS organization manages the accounting and finance functions both on property and at a corporate level, enabling us to develop scalable, global processes that allow our team members the chance for growth and the ability to spend more time on strategic, high value work. This includes managing relationships with our critical business partners across our global activities with a key focus on driving finance process transformation to deliver sustainable benefit for our key customers.
What will I be doing?
The Manager for Hotel Accounting will assume responsibility for leading the day to day activities of the Hotel Accounting function within Hilton’s UK Centre of Excellence. They will support the development and implementation of Hotel Accounting strategy for Hilton within the UK. The post holder will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton’s Senior Management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive upper quartile Hotel Accounting service. The ability to support successful Change Management programmes is considered essential to the success of the role, as is the effective management of the team and relationships with 3rd parties. The Manager is also responsible for the performance management and development of team members.
Under the direction and guidance of the Director and Senior Manager of Hotel Accounting, the post holder will be charged with inputting on current best practice, which can be expected to be delivered by an upper quartile Accounting operation. They will assist in supporting the delivery of strategies, ensuring Hilton’s Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience, which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The Manager will play a central role in delivering successful change programmes, which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class centralised Accounting services.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and with the ability to build and maintain strong business and 3rd party relationships. Participation in project management and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role. The post holder will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos whilst ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained.
The post holder will assume day to day responsibility for managing, motivating and leading the Hotel Accounting team, promoting a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service delivery. The person will drive delivery of Hotel Accounting strategies and tightly manage the team on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately interpret key business drivers within the Accounting arena and to take appropriate action where necessary. They will also take support the Director and Senior Manager in the management of Hotel Accounting Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), providing input to support development, refinement and ongoing monitoring ensuring that agreed service delivery metrics are met /exceeded.
Support the implementation of strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function.
Plan the Hotel Accounting team workloads and priorities, ensuring all key department tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly.
Influence and motivate the team, ensuring all function tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way.
Maintain and revise, where necessary, all controls documentation in line with the organisation SOX compliance routines and deliverables.
Implement processes to support the successful conclusion of all SOX compliance testing and reviews, including peer checks, checklists and other such tools.
Project Lead / Support for Hotel Accounting projects as required.
Implement and manage function processes to ensure strategy and goals are achieved.
Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed and approved, where necessary, for the specific activities associated with operating a successful Accounting function.
Serve as liaison for maintaining client & stakeholder relationships, resolving their concerns, and escalating to leadership if necessary.
Controlling & Co-ordinating Activities
Evaluate the effectiveness of current processes, recommend and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximize efficiency.
Oversee all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting.
Review and monitor SLA and OLA to ensure agreed service delivery in accordance with agreement and take corrective action as needed.
Review and book key closing journal entries and other reports activities completed by the 3rd party provider to ensure proper GAAP accounting
Oversee compliance duties such as review of management and franchise agreements and the set-up and maintenance of internal controls and SOX compliance, ensuring adherence at all times.
Coordinate internal and external audits for hotels and internal corporate departments by coordinating documentation collection, review of items collected (including from the outsourcing provider) and answering auditor requests.
Supervise completion of hotel transitions checklist.
Recruit, supervise and evaluate Hotel Accounting team members and build competence with relevant employees through training and best practice sharing.
Manage the objectives for the team and how those objectives are going to be accomplished.
Carry out and monitor team member performance reviews, providing feedback and supporting development.
Manage the performance of the team members, including poor performance and attendance related issues, ensuring a consistent approach throughout the Hilton Centre of Excellence.
Direct Reports – 1x Senior Analyst & 1x Analyst
What are we looking for?
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
- Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation.
- Experience in working in a SOX compliant controls environment.
- Excellent technical accounting skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
- Good project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers.
- Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting a hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
- Proficient in MS Office products and with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
- Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages.
- Previous experience of working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment.
- Hospitality industry experience.
- BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree or significant relevant experience in lieu thereof
- Relevant level of experience in Accounting
- Management or Supervisory experience type: Supervisory
- Additional Requirement: Specific banking/treasury managerial experience
- Additional Requirement: Travel as required
- Education: Accountancy certification/qualification such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Management or Supervisory experience type: Managerial
Job date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 01:16:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!