Job title: Mobile Authorised Person – Carver
Company: Highfield Professional Solutions
Job description: Our client has recently been awarded a 7-year contract for the maintenance and improvement of the Defence Built Estate, to include more than 20,000 assets.
The Authorised Person (AP) is part of a team of Area AP’s which support the establishments within the area the delivery of HFM activities to ensure compliance. However, the AP reports to the Area Manager, appointed by the Authorising Engineer (part of the assurance team).
- To produce Permits to Work,
- To produce and issue Standing Instructions,
- To assess candidates and issue Skilled Persons Appointments.
- To prepare for audits and support the auditor during this audit.
- To take ownership and lead the remediation/closure of Corrective Action Reports (CARs),
- Regularly review the Skilled Persons register and keep up to date,
- Provide technical support as required.
Could this be for you?
You will ideally hold an HNC or higher in a suitable Electrical or Mechanical subject, and have experience in practicing Authorised Person activities, Knowledge of working with planned maintenance, response maintenance and project management of small projects, as well as a solid trade qualification may suffice.
The role is for a multi-disciplinary AP. Through a reasonable (and agreed) period of time, via formal training, peer support and site familiarity; the AP will take on disciplines as detailed below. Depending on the candidate’s background, the strongest will usually be attained first;
- Electrical (HV, LV, Hazardous Areas, Aeronautical Ground Lighting)
- Mechanical (Pressure Systems)
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Height (Masts, Towers and Restricted High Places)
- Up to £44000
- Car / allowance and fuel card
- Government-funded defence contract awarded this year for a min 7 years
- Varied projects
- Additional training and development
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Generous pension contribution
- Healthcare cover
- Life assurance
Regional Lead EMEA – Projects
Upload your CV/resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 10 MB.
Looking to grow your team?
Highfield are a Certified Carbon Neutral Business
Highfield Professional Solutions Unit 1 and Unit 2 Mill Court The Sawmills Durley S032 2EJ
Expected salary: £40000 per year
Job date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 04:42:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!