Job title: Office Co-ordinator
Job description: Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy – and directly advise the owners and management teams leading them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Playing an important support role at BDO, our Secretarial and Administration team contributes to our success by taking responsibility for planning and organisation. Their proactive approach to what we do ensures our projects operate seamlessly and co-operation remains strong across our firm. Whatever the challenge, they provide the foundations on which we can excel. Joining this team, you’ll enjoy a friendly and supportive environment – and plenty of variety to keep you on your toes. Want to play your part in our international operation?
We’ll help you succeed
Leading organisations trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with them and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with senior managers, directors, and BDO’s partners to help businesses effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to organisations we work with.
As an Office Coordinator working in our East Anglia Hub Operations team, this key role will assist with the coordination of facilities across two hubs. Assist with the management of Local Hub contracts for hard and soft services. Responsible for H&S, IT liaison, Information Security and Environmental champion compliance/CSR, Fire Warden, First Aider, DSE Assessor in two local hubs. Managing requests from multiple stakeholders across the two hubs. The role will include day-to-day tasks, project work and ad hoc requests. The role is an important part of the department to provide an efficient, effective and professional coordination to the teams to deliver a quality services. The Facilities team are responsible for the smooth running of the offices and working closely with the SBU Lead Partner and PFM Team (Property & Facilities Management), which enables effective planning of the hub operations. Key areas include responding to requests for managing the hubs in a timely manner by proposing possible solutions or escalating where appropriate.
In this key role you’ll also:
- Be based in Ipswich and travelling to our Norwich office once a week
- Ensuring relevant certification is shown in the office and in date
- Co-ordinating Department/stream information for the Senior PFM Manager/Lead SBU Partner
- Ensure the office is compliant with Health & Safety (H & S), Fire & Environmental regulations at all times
- Awareness of the office’s Legionella Management system, assisting with compliance with current regulations
- Conduct H&S audits on a weekly and monthly basis and report findings to the Senior PFM Manager
- Watch and report that office staff are complying with regulations and that the H & S reporting system is updated
- Work with the Department H&S Representatives
- Advise departments on completing Risk Assessments for events and client site working
- Ensure incidents and accidents are recorded in accordance with the Firms Policy and assist with investigations as required
- Provide facilities support to the office for Business Continuity
- Assist with auditing and paperwork to keep the office is compliant ready for the ISO14001:2015 standard
- Assist with filing required data for the annual SECR in the required timescales
- Assist with audits and collating information required data for ESOS in the required timescales
- Assist with audits and collating information for PAS2060 Carbon Neutral status
- Understand from the Senior PFM Manager the office budgets to assist with ensuring no overspends
- Assist in raising Purchase Orders and coding invoices
- Assist with the Information Security audits and help updating the office business continuity plans when required
- Keep the Information Security Team and Lead SBU Partner up-to-date with anyone losing passes/laptops and any paperwork issues
- Check PPMs are completed correctly and relevant meter readings taken
- Chief fire warden for offices and ensure fire warden training is up-to-date
- First aider and ensure appropriate first aiders are qualified
- Environmental champion in the office and assist with projects as they arise
- Order DSE equipment as requested by the Senior PFM Manager
- Ensure that hub staff are complying with regulations and that the H & S reporting system is updated
- Ensure that First Aider certifications for qualified individuals are in date and that relevant training has been completed
- Ensure that H & S Representative and DSE Assessor certifications are in date and that relevant training has been completed
- Follow up on individual DSE Assessments that have gone past the first stage, updating the online system and referring to HR when a more detailed Occupational health assessment is required.
- Carry out follow ups of DSE Assessments at regular intervals as agreed with individuals
- Carry out New & Expectant Mother Risk Assessments when notified and follow up as agreed with individuals
- Assist Senior PFM Manager with preparing the hub annual budget for security, cleaning and catering and monitor service charges for the hubs where applicable and stay within budget
- Authorise expenditure up to authorised limits in Invoicing system, (Capex, Payments & Purchase Orders)
- Assist the Information Security team in reviewing and updating the hub business continuity plans when required
- Assist the IT team in cascading information to the hub employees
- Ensure adequate security is in place to protect the hub and follow up on any security issues
- Ensure contracts with security suppliers cover all risks; key holder, CCTV, fully operational access panels and codes and that 24-hour security is in place
- Ensure local contracts are regularly audited to confirm compliance with SLA’s and agreed KPI’s
- Ensure all hub cleaning and maintenance, is carried out for the hub working with local contractors and suppliers
- Manage day to day hub issues raised by staff
- Work with the Lead SBU Partner and Senior PFM Manager
- Office liaison for IT/IT/CSR
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience working in a facilities role, ideally in the professional services industry
- IT literate with a high competence in MS Office (especially Excel, Word); Workday and Retain Enterprise knowledge ideal but not essential
- Ability to work in a busy environment, meet deadlines, and to respond quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate with a number of key senior, partner stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- IOSH Qualified or equivalent
- ISO14001:2015 and PAS 2060 Environmental awareness
- First aid and fire warden trained preferred
- Able to use initiative and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Strong team worker
- Enthusiastic / self-motivated / self-confident
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to our business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs. Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value and satisfying experiences at work, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions.
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
Job date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 05:03:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!