Job title: Payroll Operations Administrator
Company: Armstrong Watson
Job description: About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 16 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 35 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 570 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We are now recruiting for a Payroll Operations Administrator to join our Payroll Bureau and become part of a customer-focused, market-leading and ambitious Payroll service line. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career in Payroll.
The Payroll Bureau is based at our Head Office in Carlisle predominantly, however, we do have a Payroll presence within our Newcastle Office so we would be happy to house the successful candidates in either of these locations.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure efficient and accurate setting up and / or processing of our client Payrolls with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will also provide support to the wider Payroll Team by assisting with training colleagues and attending relevant events / client on-site visits as required.
This role would allow you to develop your career within Payroll where you can work alongside a personal development program to help you achieve your career aspirations.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Setting up and / or processing Payrolls in full accurately and on time
- Assisting with creating and producing of Payroll reports via Report Writer when required
- Completing automatic enrolment set ups / processing including the declaration of compliance and then ensuring that any client queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Keeping up to date with changes to legislation and procedures
- Attending events and client on-site visits as required
- Acting as a buddy for new Payroll team members
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to be:
Qualifications / Experience
- Experienced working within a Payroll Bureau environment (desirable)
- Experienced working within an Accounting practice environment previously (desirable)
- Familiar with the Payroll Processing and / or Onboarding procedures (desirable)
- Experienced with using Payrite Payroll Software (desirable)
Personal Attributes / Skills
- Comfortable working within a fast paced environment
- A dedicated team player and willing to assist colleagues within the team where possible
- A good problem solver and have excellent attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written forms
- Able to prioritise workloads under strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to demonstrate initiative and contribute ways in which current processes can be made more effective for the team and clients
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us… we’re with you.
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 07:32:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!