Job title: Permanent Veterinary Nurse
Company: Vet Seekers
Job description: Permanent Veterinary Nurse – Rugby, Warwickshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary nurse or soon to be?
- Are you looking to join a friendly and talented team?
Are you looking for…
- No OOH work?
- A great salary of up to £35,000?
- Scheduled break times?
- A generous CPD allowance of £800?
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Rugby for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
The practice is looking for either an experienced nurse or a second-year student veterinary nurse.
This role is full time for 3.5 days per week, including 1 in 6 Saturdays. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The practice is open to discussions about the rota to find what suits the nurse best. The practice currently operates on 20-minute appointments and ensure that there are scheduled breaks at certain times for notes, case discussions and phone calls etc.
The practice have a strong and supportive team culture and they all share the ethos of ensuring that they are the best pet centre option for all animals within the area of Rugby. They boast a large and loyal client base and ensure that they provide a high level of patient and client care. All the team work closely together to ensure a supportive and harmonious working environment is maintained. They are always looking at ways to improve and encourage new ideas and the sharing of knowledge.
Who are they looking for
The practice are looking for a nurse who has excellent communication and customer service skills. They will work well as part of a team and be able to make decisions and carry out their role effectively. They will be passionate about all aspects of the role with a genuine interest in animal welfare.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 3.5 days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 6 Saturdays, included in 3.5 days
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 5 vets and 8 nurses
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides Mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development.
- You will have excellent multitasking and prioritisation skills
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have good administrative skill for stock control
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Digital X-ray
- Dental X-ray
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- In-house laboratory
- Pet passport
- Salary: £23,000 to £35,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5.5 weeks annual leave, increasing to 6.6 after two years of service and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £800 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS fees paid
- Contributory pension scheme available
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Healthcare scheme
- Branded uniform provided
- Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied caseload
- More benefits available
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34553
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
Expected salary: £23000 – 35000 per year
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
Job date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 01:30:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!