Job title: Probation service officer court report writer
Company: Service Care Solutions
Job description: Job Description
Probation Service Officer
This role is to work as a PSO court report writer at Chester magistrates court. Ideally, experience of writing court reports previously would be beneficial, however candidates who have experience working with offenders and knowledge of the criminal justice system would also be looked at
HOURS: 37 hours
PAY RATE: £18.00 – £20.07 (Depending on experience)
Full Job Description
- To undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed as low or medium risk of harm and to support the Probation Officer grade in high risk cases.
- When providing case manager support, to contribute to the delivery of the Risk Management plan and report significant changes relating to risk of harm and/or of reoffending or any non-compliance within agreed enforcement procedures
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- Ensure effective referrals to services and facilities and communicate with offender management staff, interventions staff, service providers and external agencies to review progress and associated risks.
- To undertake prison, home or alternate location visits as required in accordance with service procedures and policies.
- To undertake work in the court setting, including the completion of appropriate reports on cases and prosecution of breaches.
- Experience of working and supporting a diverse range of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties, including working with groups and individuals to motivate and change behaviour.
- Experience of making effective referrals to and managing relationships between external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending.
- An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity good practice
Anyone interested can email an up to date CV to email@example.com or call Andy on 01772 208962
Job date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 01:07:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!