Job title: Quality Advisor
Company: Balfour Beatty
Job description: About the role
Here at Balfour Beatty, our work inspires communities and advances society. Our commitment to sustainability looks even further generations further. Join our Power Transmission & Distribution team as a Quality Advisor to be based in the South East area.
As a Quality Advisor you will be working on some of the biggest Power projects across the country supporting our and Cabling, Overhead line and substation colleagues to deliver ‘Right First Time – Every time’ quality projects to our clients.
Location: South East Region.
What you’ll be doing
As a Quality Advisor, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Supporting the delivery of Contract, Business Unit and SBU Quality Action Plans;
- Supporting and facilitating Quality management planning (including contract quality plans and industry specific plans e.g. NHSS, gas, water, etc.);
- Challenging current systems and processes to ensure best practice and continual improvement;
- Where required supporting development of appropriate content for the business management system;
- Supporting quality related improvement initiatives;
- Providing advice and coaching on Quality issues;
- Supporting Quality related training to equip the business with the skills to drive improvements in Quality performance;
- Interfacing with audit function to support locally where required;
- Supporting contracts to ensure they are compliant with Balfour Beatty & contract specific requirements;
- Where appropriate providing Quality advice to our supply chain;
- Where required providing Quality input to the tender development and bidding process;
- Delivery of our Digital strategy and roll out to our Operational Colleagues;
- Production of appropriate reports and management information;
- Living the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensuring a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Supporting the delivery of the Sustainability 2020 road-map;
- Supporting the business unit external accreditation process (including ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and industry licences) to ensure it is able to operate in its chosen sector.
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following:
- Prior Quality experience and/or relevant operational / technical experience to meet industry sector demands
- Knowledge of ISO9000 Terminology
- An understanding and commitment to Quality Management;
- Awareness of business improvement initiatives;
- Has an ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts;
- Work to plans and programmes;
- Pays attention to detail and sees things through to completion;
- Is good at building relationships and can influence effectively;
- Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective manner;
- Ability to challenge existing methods and ways of thinking;
- Able to work within a multi-discipline team;
- Fully proficient in modern office computer systems and technology e.g. Office 365;
- Either a CQI Practitioner or working towards Practitioner status.
- Has full UK Driving Licence.
The following are desirable:
- Level 4+ Qualification in Quality, Construction or Manufacturing (relevant industry) or PCQI
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal/Lead Auditor certification
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver some of the UKs most ambitious, exciting and meaningful projects; developing, building and maintaining the vital infrastructure that supports national economies and strengthens communities.
Why join us?
As if contributing to and supporting work that makes life better for millions wasnt rewarding enough, we offer a full range of benefits too. You’ll have the freedom to shape the package thats right for you and your life. Here are some of our key benefits:
– Smart working, giving you more flexibility such as staggered start and finish times, with up to 40% remote working, where roles allow.
– 25 days paid annual leave (pro rata)
– Family friendly policies which include 28 weeks full pay for maternity/adoption leave and four weeks full pay for paternity/partners leave
– Pension, share incentive plan, volunteering leave, recognition schemes and much more
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions across the full spectrum of the electricity grid, including overhead lines, cabling, substations and distribution networks.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support customers in the development of some of the UKs most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
Diversity and inclusion
At Balfour Beatty we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential components of any successful, happy workplace. Through our Value Everyone Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan, we are growing our diverse workforce and developing our inclusive culture where everyone is able to thrive and reach their full potential, regardless of their identity or background. To find out how we are making this a reality, visit
We are a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role. For more info, visit:
We are looking to continually improve our resourcing process and ensure that it is fair and inclusive for all. If you have any feedback on the process, please share this with us at:
Job date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 02:00:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!