Job title: Quality Engineer
Job description: Randstad are recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a client based in Weston Super Mare. They are well established company that specialise in manufacturing a variety of products for the Automotive sector.
The successful candidate will be required to support the QHSE Compliance Manager in line with the required industry standards (including: IATF16949, ISO14001 & ISO 9001), and to support the production team in maintaining our high product and service standards.
- Use pragmatic application of Quality expertise to the whole business in a highly regulated IATF16949 environment.
- Investigate and effectively resolve Quality issues that occur by using industry recognised formal methods such as 8D.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team to ensure that all product quality specifications are being adhered to daily & where required coordinate activities to resolve any concerns detected.
- Assist the Engineering and Quality team during NPI (APQP) phases and remanufacturing process development.
- Complete SQA activity as required to develop existing suppliers and assist with the selection of new ones (minimal UK travel requirement)
- Preferably have Quality expertise within an IATF16949 and/or Q1 company, however working experience of an ISO9000 or AS9100 within an Automotive or an Aerospace company will be acceptable.
- Be comfortable with “hands on” elements of this dynamic role.
- Formal Quality Qualifications.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced inspection and calibration activities, use of MSA, CMMs, GDT, and advanced blueprint reading skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the Automotive “Core Tools” APQP, FMEA, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, Standard Ops, 8D, ISIR, PPAP etc.
- Powertrain product experience, e.g. transmissions, engines, axles, etc.
- Audit Trained, preferably IATF16949 Lead Auditor Trained
- Good IT Skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ERP experience would be beneficial.
- Methodical approach to record keeping.
- Degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline or Vocational Qualification (HND/HNC) in Manufacturing, Production or Quality Engineering.
This is a full time permanent position with a salary of £33,000-£38,000 depending on experience.
If you are interested, please make an application at your earliest convenience.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT & Engineering industries. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £33000 – 38000 per year
Location: Weston-super-Mare, Somerset
Job date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 23:38:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!